• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other Help with a S&W 77a

Looks like pins. Mines 90% didn't need the work

SW77A (1).jpg

Reactions: maxtrouble
after i looked earlier i saw no way to remove it and no posted that states how to, so i guess you will have to take the assembly off and refinish on the metal frame
now after say that i would thing you could punch them through but the chances of busting out the wood on the other side is very high and that damage you don't need and drilling a hole for the exit of the pin would be just dead luck

after i looked earlier i saw no way to remove it and no posted that states how to, so i guess you will have to take the assembly off and refinish on the metal frame
now after say that i would thing you could punch them through but the chances of busting out the wood on the other side is very high and that damage you don't need and drilling a hole for the exit of the pin would be just dead luck
it is not meant to come apart. I would refinish it on the lever.

Some folks have approached the "blind forearm pins" issue this way:
Since they are roll pins, a small drill that passes through the pin can be used to drill past the wood on the blind side. Now you have the location to drill full size holes giving access to punch out the pins. Note that only the two forward pins attach the wood to the lever.

However, the easier plan would be to remove the pump assembly (one pivot pin) and keep the lever attached while re-doing the wood. It appears the stock can be removed without taking apart the main receiver, which as noted above is a pain to reassemble.

Don R.