• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

help with a brk ghost

Willing to try to help but going to need some more info.

Cocking lever is bound up and won't move either direction or comes back halfway and stops?

Magazine still in the gun?

Take a look at the youtube videos that show swapping out the bolt probe for caliber changes. Make sure the bolt that holds the probe is still in place and that the probe is where it should be.

Other than that, is it possible that something fell behind the cocking block, like a pellet? This would be in the arear behind the cocking block, that would be between cheek and ear if shooting the gun.

Last edited:
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I had a similar issue. I was shooting and the velocity started dropping and then the gun would not cock. What had happened was the grub screw that locks the Hammer Throw came loose and the HT screwed back into the hammer until the hammer swallowed the valve stem and got stuck One way or the other it sounds like you will need to take the back of the gun apart.

I had a similar issue. I was shooting and the velocity started dropping and then the gun would not cock. What had happened was the grub screw that locks the Hammer Throw came loose and the HT screwed back into the hammer until the hammer swallowed the valve stem and got stuck One way or the other it sounds like you will need to take the back of the gun apart.
that sounds right cocking lever will come back just enough so I can see the front of the probe then a hard stop. If I can find a video Ill give it a shot thanks

You'll need to take off the rear end of the gun, as @mr. earl says.

Settle in for a long read....it's all in there. Your newer version Ghost will have four bolts holding the rear drop down to the gun, not three like shown in the first half of that review. (Original design only had three bolts).

I've not experienced the problem you seem to be having and that @mr. earl also had, but I can visualize what happened. The hammer throw is adjusted via a threaded insert in the front/nose of the hammer. If that unthreaded itself, leaving a vacant hole, I can see how it could capture the valve stem. During one of the early disassemblies I noticed it had moved a couple threads (about 1/8 of an inch) so I blue loktited it. I've since removed the blue loktite and I'm using a small little snip of weedwacker line down in the hole for the grubscrew that maintains the hammer throw. The weedwacker line squishes/applies enough force to prevent unwanted hammer throw adjustments, while still allowing wanted hammer throw adjustments.

Last edited:
jasperjet, I had the same issue. Dry fired after removing the bottle, hammer got stuck forward keeping the valve open on about the 3rd shot. The cocking lever could only go about 1/2 way back. Franklink has the issue figured correctly.

Chris + Shane at AoA talked me through the fix. I'm doing this from memory, so everyone help me out if you see something wrong:
  • Remove the cheekpiece
  • Remove the last 4 bolts on the rail
  • Loosen the nut under the magazine loading area, to the left of the 'GHOST' label on the right side, don't remove it
  • Undo the 2 smaller bolts holding the hammer sear cassette on the lower right side of the far rear of the frame
  • Be careful, there's a tiny pin connecting a brass hook/ears to the cassette, mine fell out and I almost lost it - Remove the cassette, save the pin
  • Slide out the back section, eyeball your stuck hammer
  • AoA told me to 'whack it', so I used a wooden chopstick against the hammer, hit the chopstick with a hammer a few times, then it came loose
  • Reassemble
Before reassembling, I worked the hammer back and forth a few times, seemed to still be binding a little, but didn't get stuck. I decided not to disassemble it further to diagnose the issue then. Today the same thing happened on my first dry fire to empty it, but on the first shot it dumped all the air. Luckily this time the cocking level worked fine, so either it wore in slightly or I got lucky.

See Franklink's review, page 1 for some great photos of the parts in question.

jasperjet, I had the same issue. Dry fired after removing the bottle, hammer got stuck forward keeping the valve open on about the 3rd shot. The cocking lever could only go about 1/2 way back. Franklink has the issue figured correctly.

Chris + Shane at AoA talked me through the fix. I'm doing this from memory, so everyone help me out if you see something wrong:
  • Remove the cheekpiece
  • Loosen the nut under the magazine loading area, to the left of the 'GHOST' label on the right side, don't remove it
  • Undo the 2 smaller bolts holding the hammer sear cassette on the lower right side of the far rear of the frame
  • Be careful, there's a tiny pin connecting a brass hook/ears to the cassette, mine fell out and I almost lost it - Remove the cassette, save the pin
  • AoA told me to 'whack it', so I used a wooden chopstick against the hammer, hit the chopstick with a hammer a few times, then it came loose
  • Reassemble
Before reassembling, I worked the hammer back and forth a few times, seemed to still be binding a little, but didn't get stuck. I decided not to disassemble it further to diagnose the issue then. Today the same thing happened on my first dry fire to empty it, but on the first shot it dumped all the air. Luckily this time the cocking level worked fine, so either it wore in slightly or I got lucky.

boys i didnt abandon this thread voluntary. so let me thank everyone for the help. so after I got the hammer out of the gun I looked it over good. turns out this is a redesign from when Cole did his review. initially the throw was adjustable now its just a chunk of metal cheaper to produce I guess, but however they formed it there is a bulge on both ends of it. So just freeing it up cures the symptom. I started to lap it in but instead filed the ends of the hammer body down so its all the same size chamfered the front polished it reblued it then reinstall. Now it cant bind. all is well except for not having a slug barrel.

• Remove the cheekpiece
  • Reassemble

Perfect instructions and very easy to fix!