• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HELP! Too many choices and need assistance with purchase please. My head hurts.

You must first decide if coming from a traditional rifle, you can convince yourself to like a bullpup. Bullpups were designed for close quarter combat. Us crazy air gunners, with our scopes mounted way too high over the bores axis are convincing ourselves that we found long range gold. They are not. Every one of us could shoot much better with a traditional rifle but we adapt because some of these bullpups are good compact guns. I have some awesome bullpups but my easiest gun to shoot accurately and the one I shoot the most is a regulated Kral Jumbo. When you spend months behind a bullpup then switch back to a rifle it’s like wow, this is so easy and comfortable. Don’t get caught up in the hype, do what’s right for you. Or own 5+ guns. Then it’s all good.

If you want to bridge the gap between a long traditional rifle and a little club bullpup, look at the Brocock line of guns. Wonderful guns. My buddy has one. Handles great offhand and lays nicely in the bags. I cannot believe the semi bullpup isn’t more popular. I have a couple guns that when they go down the road, a Brocock will be replacing them. 

Bullpups are great to shoot because they give you the advantage of a longer barrel in a shorter package. Plus traditional rifles put a lot of weight forward on the rifle so shooting offhand becomes less stable and feels heavier. Of course that's a moot point if you only shoot off a rest or table. 

That being said, while I do prefer bullpups, (although I did own a hn1000x that I primarily shot off a bipod, seated at the range) I prefer my bullpups with cocking levers towards the center, not the rear. I owned a taipan but I sold it because it's awkward cocking a lever by your face. It's just not comfortable for me manipulating it with the way it was positioned towards the rear. AGT bullpups as I remember have side cocking levers, as well as FX stuff and both are very accurate. I had AGT Vulcan gen 1 which was accurate and felt very sturdy and solid but a little on the heavy side. Fx stuff is always great, but they don't feel as robust as the eastern European stuff like edguns or AGT but I think it's cuz the ones I've handled usually had wood stocks compared to fx who seem to favor the synthetic stocks. 

If you want to bridge the gap between a long traditional rifle and a little club bullpup, look at the Brocock line of guns. Wonderful guns. My buddy has one. Handles great offhand and lays nicely in the bags. I cannot believe the semi bullpup isn’t more popular. I have a couple guns that when they go down the road, a Brocock will be replacing them.

Just snagged couple yesterday for cheap and The Commander is new old stock side bolt. 

Screenshot_2020-12-14-06-50-082.1608077443.png
Screenshot_2020-12-14-06-50-342.1608077443.png

why don't you get up on youtube type in aeac airgun reviews and scroll through the guns and see 50 and 100 yard accuracy and he will explain everything about the gun,aAn opion is only as good as the person giving it .Go whatch the facts,

I watch a lot of his reviews and like his format. Very informative but everything looks good to me when he tests it.

All 3 of my 177, 22 and 25 Taipan Veterans are the shortys and would highly recommend them. I did not feel any need to buy duplicates for spares for these specific guns like I did for all my duplicate and triplicate Taipan Mutants which have all been proven to be reliable and trouble free so I just set them doubles and triples all for different power levels.

My Kaliburgun Cricket shortys with skeleton stock feels lighter though. Another good recommendation with higher capacity magazines and looks a little more appealing to the eyes IMHO.