Help the Newbies and be nice!

Soo, I’ve been here on this forum since the beginning. (I am the creepy guy in the corner lurking) I’m not a high end consumer. As with most things in life, I tend to look at price vs performance gained. Meaning, once the price starts increasing exponentially vs the performance starting to barely increase, I have a hard time purchasing. I’m not a comp shooter, where you need every little advantage. Also this means I don’t have the knowledge that most of you have!!
I have been shooting dang near my whole life, most of it with either Airguns or .22. 

After all that being said, once I picked up my first pcp spending close to $600.00 after buying refurbished at44We long, scope, and pump ($250 for the cheapest pump) It was hard to justify, in my mind at first. I still have the same set up. Yes, the at44 is big, and heavy, but it shoots hard, fast and fairly accurate, as long as I do my part. Compared to what was out there at the time, there was a wide margin of quality. I had purchased a few springers and couldn’t shoot them straight for the life of me! 

I guess what I’m saying is that for the guy at the range shooting a budget pcp rifle knocking down targets at 40-50 yards, remember that’s still a high end air rifle to most people! 

p.s. after years in the making finally looking into buying a high end pcp. Probably have more questions later!!

Excellently stated and I 100% agree with your message. I have been into air gunning my whole life and the reason that I supported and professionally adopted the Umarex Gauntlet is exactly for the reasons that you have stated here.

It does not have to cost a fortune to enjoy air gunning and 3 years ago or so all of the people that were sitting on the fence that needed a nudge to take the next step, got it. I heard from so many people saying the same things as reasons they did not get into air gunning and the most prevalent was the initial cost. Today, a guy or girl can get into the PCP game for less than $600 and that would be Rifle, Scope, Pump, and lead. That is what just the entry-level PCP would set you back 4 years ago.

Thanks for the post and its awesome to read through so many of our community members weighing in on the topic.

+1 heading your way @Mikelo123

Hajimoto

Guys,

Thanks for all the great posts!! To all you newbies do not hesitate to reach out to anyone who had commented here with questions or to get opinions etc.

This hobby does not have to cost a fortune nor does it need to...

Like Hajimoto said a gun, glass, lead and air can be had relatively cheaply not to mention how far some of the spring guns have come (not needing a fill source).

One more thing I you are local to me (Mill Creek WA) and are having trouble finding a place to fill your tank that is not overly costly let me know....Have a compressor in the garage your more than welcome to....Just shoot me a message!

Keep em comin fellas!