• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Help selecting PCP HFT rifle

I've work on / with or owned nearly every Top shelf competition air gun in recent years .... Choose to shoot a RAW TM-1000 hybrid ( @ 8 years now )

m.jpg

Love the Steyrs but as mentioned I can't live with the remove-the-air cylinder thing, has to be quick fill. I believe aluminum chassis are the future of competition airgunning, much like chassis took over center fire & rimfire competition shooting, so the first German/Austrian gun that has a quick fill port gets my money.
Steyr’s are easily converted to quick fill via probe however unscrewing an air tube and screwing in another is faster than fiddling with a probe and tank - raw tm1000 below in a Tsar stock. fabulous motorhead tune!!!
Also below is my Steyr HFT Challenge with both options to fill on gun or change airtube
IMG_5393.jpeg

IMG_5560.jpeg

Put in a Heliboard and get 12 power levels !!! Tho your still going to be spending sub to post 3 grand for the pleasure of ownership. W/O optics :love:
Darn nice rifles tho.
My Redwolf now lives in a PRS chassis with Steve Corocan furniture being installed this weekend 🙄 but no matter how pretty it still doesn’t shoot like my motorhead Tm1000 - snap!
IMG_5374.jpeg
IMG_5751.jpeg

Steyr’s are easily converted to quick fill via probe however unscrewing an air tube and screwing in another is faster than fiddling with a probe and tank - raw tm1000 below in a Tsar stock. fabulous motorhead tune!!!
Also below is my Steyr HFT Challenge with both options to fill on gun or change airtube
View attachment 383634
View attachment 383633
Can you keep the manometer when converting the Steyr to quick fill?

And who can do the manometer/quick fill for one? Is it a company or do you have to buy components? Also, how fast does your Steyr shoot & do you have any POI shifts ever?
Steyr is my most reliable gun....PERIOD. no POI changes except with wind or if you fall off the regulator.
Pilkington in Monteagle TN, USA, can sell you the air tube or make mods if you wish
#931-924-3400 0r 3475
Jennifer is your point of contact and they have a great airgunsmith on site.
excellent company dealing with primarily competitive shooters.

Steyr is my most reliable gun....PERIOD. no POI changes except with wind or if you fall off the regulator.
Pilkington in Monteagle TN, USA, can sell you the air tube or make mods if you wish
#931-924-3400 0r 3475
Jennifer is your point of contact and they have a great airgunsmith on site.
excellent company dealing with primarily competitive shooters.
Awesome, thanks for the help!