• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Help selecting a new pellet gun

Ok, ordered the HW95 and Vortex PG4 kit late last night based on the replies at that time (Thanks everyone). I suppose since I have the Vortex kit coming, I might as well install it - any videos or installation walk-through's would be great, required tools, need a spring compressor?... Sounds like there is a sleeve that needs to be removed that can be a little challenging without destroying it...

Wish I had saw the post about the glass being junk - oh well, too late now. It can always be replaced... probably would have opted to save the $100 though.
the scope isn’t the best but it is quite usable.

Ok, got the HW95 Friday evening, between the two videos above I got the kit installed, thanks for both of those. Interesting that in the video of installing the kit he used a moly grease on the seal instead of what they included.. the kit instructions said to use the included grease on the seal so I did.

Mounted the included scope, it was interesting that it would be shooting a group say down 3" and to the left 3" and then grouping to the right and up, also didn't seem like the 1/8" clicks translated very well to what you saw on paper. Read a post that suggested sighting in at 20 yards and then at 40 yards you would also be on target based on pellet rise and fall... did not find that to be the case. So I sighted it at 40 yards and the first dot above center seemed to be right on at 20 yards.

Using the H&N Field Target Trophy, 14.66 gr that AZ suggested, is there better pellet for the HW95?
Probably new gun teething pains .. the more you shoot it the more it settles in on spring / seal along with maintaining stock screw , hing bolt tightness, adjustment. .. pretty typical hw stuff .

I'd shoot it on its irons for a 1000 or 2 as it's setting in , helps take some of that off a scope .. you'd probably see it as accurate on irons as with a scope .

Matter of fact I like mine on irons more the scoped ... A easy to see bulls at 50y is a 2/ 2-1/2" circle using 6 o'clock hold. Snuff / bean , pellet can lids are my fave all around bulls ..lol

lidsize.jpg

A little cheap masking tape to stick on paper to hang
tapejob.jpg

Then blast it
75y,offright4click.jpg

The hold
th-3019189919.jpg

A pencle and black lumber crayon to draw and color a bulls for any occasion works well for me . ( And for less then printer ink )
target size .jpg
Bullseye's galore 😜

Reactions: Zut and fishing43