• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Help please in reducing the power in LG100 and EV2 mk2

Ok so I have an LG100AZ - Bumble Bee yellow with the barley twist barrel - set up by AZ to shoot at 18ft lbs. 

What do I need to do to it to get it shooting at 11.5 ft lbs for WFTF ? 

Am I correct in thinking a softer hammer spring and a reduced threaded port screw might get me to where I want to be ? 

and the same question applies to my EV2 mk2 ... also an 18ft lb open FT gun, it has a Korick regulator installed as well as the big longer HW barrel - from what i've read on line there is a breech velocity adjustment screw I can fiddle with and then also adjusting the hammer spring adjustment ... I do have the original AA 12ft lb barrel to put back on , it's shorter length will likely be better suited to WFTF shooting. 

Have any of you attempted this successfully ? 

If so any pointers would be much appreciated. 

My concern is that both rifles are regulated to shoot at a higher power output and without installing a new lower powered regulator I might be simply chasing my tail .... thoughts ? 

Cheers all. 

James B 

[urlhttps://imgur.com/h3R6Mko]
[/url] 

[urlhttps://imgur.com/b7yw8GA]
[/url] 

For lots of information on the Steyr, and possible help with the AA, check out shooting-the-breeze.com.

The parts list for the current lg110 specefies a different part for standard and fac spec regulators. This means each gun uses a different reg setting. Also, hammer spring tension is adjustable. I am not familiar with a reduced threaded port screw. Different transfer ports are available, but you are best staying with the standard black 4mm one regardless of power. You might be able to use a smaller port to choke down the power, but your efficiency will drop. You can probably upgrade the lg100 to the external hammer spring adjustment configuration.

For the EV2, I am not familiar with power adjustment procedures. I haven't even heard of a fac EV2. Normal hammer spring adjustment seems to yield minimal +/- fps. There is a choke screw in the transfer port for small adjustments also.

If you have the time and the money David Slade can probably help you out.

Fortunately My LG 100AZ allready has the hammer spring adjustment at the back of the action ... at 18ftlbs of power a full 360degree turn anti clockwise took the power right down to 12 ft lbs. But I found the fps spread over 50 shots was very erratic and gave pretty wild fluctuations. Hence the decision to get the 12ft lb regulator, to even things out. With that now installed and the hammer spring adjusted for consistent velocity my spread is back where it should be - 6fps over 60 shots ! So I am happy. It has the barley twist barrel and now likes JBS express and exacts equally. I have left the EV2 alone for now as I only need 1 WFTF PCP. Cheers JB

Reactions: scrane