• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Help on deciding on Gamo or Air Hawk

I would get something from Mike Melick with a tune. The rifles he sells are not as "fancy" as the ones you listed, but the XS-25 is the same platform as the air hawk. Getting it with his full tune will transform it into a different gun.

Years ago I bought an XS46U (underlever .177) from him with the full tune and it is an excellent entry level gun.

Search his name on the forum. I doubt you'll find a negative review.

Here's a link to Mike's store.

http://flyingdragonairrifles.org/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=67

I would get something from Mike Melick with a tune. The rifles he sells are not as "fancy" as the ones you listed, but the XS-25 is the same platform as the air hawk. Getting it with his full tune will transform it into a different gun.

Years ago I bought an XS46U (underlever .177) from him with the full tune and it is an excellent entry level gun.

Search his name on the forum. I doubt you'll find a negative review.

Here's a link to Mike's store.

http://flyingdragonairrifles.org/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=67

BINGO!!!

THATS AN RWS 34 CLONE. (WELL at least the action is)

I wouldn't bother with slugs in a piston gun. Generally, heavier than normal projectiles shorten spring life and in my experience aren't really conducive to good accuracy.

One of those RWS guns from Umarex would be great. But if they aren't available Flying Dragon is my next choice. Frankly, I have a Diana 34 and an XS46U from Mike and their both comparable shooters. Fit and finish on the Diana/RWS is better, but accuracy wise, they're close.

I'd also avoid a "magnum" springer if it's your first one. "Magnum" or I guess super-magnum would be more what I'm referring to, are MUCH harder to shoot accurately than something 14-18 FPE range. The Air Hawk and Gamo (as well as the XS-25 from FD) are all in that range.

Let us know what you decide.

Nico