• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airgun Technologies Help needed with filling Uragan 2

also i will add,

if you are ever just removing the bottle to wrap it or whatnot,
and not going in to adjust the regulator,

after opening the bleed screw and degassing the bottle,
you do NOT have to also degas the plenum by dry firing to only remove the bottle.

this will keep the valve under pressure,
and you wont have to fight to get it to seal.

Reactions: darylm
Lots of reports of leaking U2's. Reported to be a bad valve. Could this be the issue?

Seems AGT is now including a red anodized barrel cap to assist in seating valve for initial fill and future fills from empty. Returned mine, under warranty, for alternating power shooting, full power, squib, full, squib, etc. Krale replaced balanced valve to repair. OP's fill probe situation will need to be addressed before determining if additional problems exist, IMO. Any time an issue is reported with filling and a strange fill probe arrangement is disclosed, figure best to start there. WM

Reactions: Str8tshooter
I have a U2 compact as well have have the same issue when the bottle is empty. It's a pain in the butt to try and tune because I have to empty all the air to get to the reg. Kind of discourages me from doing any more adjusting because it's a pain to fill back up from empty. My solution has been what some others have stated. Have my compressor going with the gun pointed up, make sure gun is unloaded, cocked, safety on and bump it several times on the back end with my finger over the barrel to keep the air from leaking. Sometimes I have to re cock it a couple times and keep bumping it on the back end and eventually the valve seats and it starts filling like normal. I thought the same thing as you did that it was my fill probe or my compressor was bad but every time it ended up being the same thing you just have to bump it and get that darn valve to seat. It will make a distinct sound when it finally clicks. Hope you are able to get it filled brother!

Okay I filled my Omega tank to 4000 psi, I took the whip that came with the gun and attached it to the bottle’s whip. So it had the proper probe. I put the gun pointing to the sky, and I had the red cap screwed on the end of the barrel. I opened up the bottle and the guns gauge made it to 200 bar but was still leaking at the breech. I banged the stock pad onto a dense pad on a table. Still leaking. I underwrite red cap and dry fired it a bunch of time. And unfortunately I can’t get it to stop leaking. I did this process twice. Not sure what to do next?

Golden,
In your shoes, I'd wait till fill probe adapter arrives from Pyramyd Air, install on probe, and repeat process. If, after that go round, leak still persists, I'd return to Krale, explaining your efforts. Not sure how Krale got it to seal but clearly, it's not sealing now. Defective seal finally failed, or something got stuck, Warranty Department will need to check. WM

Reactions: Str8tshooter
How can a fill probe affect a leaking valve, especially when the tank reaches 200 bar?
Don't think it will but OP has probe adapter on the way, I'd try at least to provide a final round of getting valve to seal, with a slightly different hook-up. I know, probably hopeless, but I'm an optimist. OP can contact Krale about warranty return at any point he wishes. WM

Reactions: heavy-impact
Golden,
Check out pages 10 and 11 in your Uragan 2 Owner's manual. There's an air discharge port in receiver that might be slightly open. I had to remove the bottle cover/cradle for access to drain air before returning for Krale warranty work. Cradle has two horizontal bolts for removal. Once bottle cradle/cover is removed the diagram on page #11 will show where discharge port is, just gently tighten with 2mm Allen key. WM

Golden,
Check out pages 10 and 11 in your Uragan 2 Owner's manual. There's an air discharge port in receiver that might be slightly open. I had to remove the bottle cover/cradle for access to drain air before returning for Krale warranty work. Cradle has two horizontal bolts for removal. Once bottle cradle/cover is removed the diagram on page #11 will show where discharge port is, just gently tighten with 2mm Allen key. WM

you know,i hadnt thought about that.

"the degas screw"

krale may have left it cracked open after draining to ship it back.

dont know why the valve wouldn't seal just because that screw is open though.

but couldn't hurt to check.

20231022_154623.jpg

Golden,
I’ll check it. I doesn’t feel like air is leaking from that area but I’ll check it.

you know,i hadnt thought about that.

"the degas screw"

krale may have left it cracked open after draining to ship it back.

dont know why the valve wouldn't seal just because that screw is open though.

but couldn't hurt to check.

View attachment 406776
Yeah, just laid head on pillow when it came to mind, at least worth checking. Happened to me but can't recall if returned from Krale that way or I forgot to re-tighten. Either way air rushing out while trying to fill, first panic, then realization. WM

I made sure the degas screw was tight. Did everything everyone suggested and hit it with 4000 psi from my bottle. It made it up to 200 bar. I kept trying things but could get it to stop leaking. I’m calling Krale tomorrow to try and get a refund.
Agreed, you can honestly tell Krale you've done your best. U2 is a great gun, when they work well, maybe give Warranty Department another go at it. Could be a new upgraded valve, like Str8tshooter mentioned, would do the trick. WM