• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Help needed! Survey to collect usage data on compressors

Status
Not open for further replies.
My survey is online!

http://bit.ly/hpa-compressor-survey

Thanks to everyone who has helped me identify the compressors that should be included. If you have a compressor that is not listed in the above survey please email at [email protected] and I will add it! 

To everyone who has posted your experiences in my earlier post, I will ask that you also submit your experiences through the survey instrument. Doing so will help me tremendously in managing the data that's submitted!

If anyone has any questions please email me at [email protected].

Reactions: fe7565
Shoebox F8, 5+ years, $1150? Air Tanks for sale. Top-off large carbon tank (i.e. Great White ~ 97 CF) to 310 BAR / 4500 PSI, Top-off tiny carbon tank (i.e. Guppy ~ 18 CF ) to 310 BAR / 4500 PSI, number of top offs: LOTS. approx 250 hrs usage. Rebuilt twice. Best compressor for a new user or any user that is not in a hurry. Ultra reliable and easily rebuild-able. No problems, definitely recommend. F10 a bargain. I will keep my F8 as back up.

Yong Heng Standard 110v, 13-18 months, $380? Ali Express. Top off same 2 tanks. Number of top offs: 30. No problems. Would not recommend. Coolant PITA, heats up too quickly. Good for quick fills to gun/small tanks.

Daystate LC110, 0-6 months, $1999, AOA. Top off same 2 tanks. Number of top offs: 10. No problems. Would recommend. As one person said "it puts a smile on my face every time I use it".

Thanks for the feedback so far! If you want to post your makes and models here that's fine!

And just to clarify I'm not ready to collect more than the makes and models that are out there now. Consider this "phase 1".

After I have a good sampling of the makes and models I will put together a web survey asking these questions in a more structured way and this collection tool will also help me analyze the data. I will definitely be reporting back with the results :)

I'll be making a separate post with the link to submit your data into the survey!

I have had a yong heng for a year come this november.

Going into this I was thinking, well this is cheap, lets see how it does, so I keep a log. Date, what was filled, from what pressure, to what filled pressure, and how long it has run. Also have the oil changes in there.

I have pages and pages of info..only thing I wish I kept on the log was temps, to see if over time it is getting warmer with the same amount of run time.

If this is of interest to you let me know.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Here is my list of compressors and models. Some of the compressors didn't have specific models given. Let me know if there are any obvious omissions!

I am also thinking about simplifying how people report use on the compressors. I will probably just ask for the number of hours of run-time. 

Again, any comments or suggestions are welcome :)

Air Venturi Nomad II 
Air Venturi Nomad
Air Venturi
AireTex AireTex 45
AirForce E-Pump
Carette
Coltri MCH-6
Crosman Benjamin Traveler
Davv (same as Davy?) SCU60
Daystate DAY-Comp230
Daystate LC110
Hatsan Lightning
Omega Alpha 90 (original)
Omega Air Charger (grey)
Omega Super Charger (red)
Shoebox F10
Shoebox early model ($400)
Shoebox F8
Shoebox Max
Tuxing TXES011
Tuxing 220v Auto-shutoff
Vevor
Yong Heng 110v standard
Yong Heng 110v Non-auto shutoff
Yong Heng 220v Set Pressure Model
Zhong Yan

http://bit.ly/ag-compressors 

What did you buy? Shelden 4.2 CFM

How much did it cost? $1700

How much have you used it? A lot. I fill all my shooting buddies tanks for free. I have about 8 firemen tanks

Has it broken yet? (with details) Nope - It blew an o-ring on the safety valve. Changed it with no problem

Would you recommend it? Yes with caveat. Mr. Shelden who make these compressors from military compressors is getting up there in age. There are other people who know how to work on them but Mr. Shelden is the expert

Here is an outline of what I’d like to ask in the survey. The more pre-populated choices that I can make in the compressor brand and model, the easier it will be to make sense of the results!

Compressor Brand and Model Number

Duration Owned

—> 0 – 6 Months

—> 7 – 12 Months

—X> 13 – 18 Months

—> 19 – 24 Months

—> 2 – 3 Years 

—> 3 – 4 Years

—> 4 – 5 Years

—> 5+ Years

Purchase Price (US dollars) $1700

Purchased From Used from an airgunner

Primary Use

—> Top-off gun directly (200 cc or less) to 200 BAR / 2900 PSI

—> Top-off gun directly (200 cc or more) to 200 BAR / 2900 PSI

—> Top-off tiny carbon tank (i.e. Guppy ~ 18 CF ) to 300 BAR / 4350 PSI

—> Top-off small carbon tank (i.e. 30 min / 45 CF) to 300 BAR / 4350 PSI

—> Top-off medium carbon tank (i.e. Tiger Shark ~ 72 CF) to 300 BAR / 4350 PSI

—X> Top-off large carbon tank (i.e. Great White ~ 97 CF) to 300 BAR / 4350 PSI

Estimated Number of Top-offs So Far 50 or more

My survey is online!

http://bit.ly/hpa-compressor-survey

Thanks to everyone who has helped me identify the compressors that should be included. If you have a compressor that is not listed in the above survey please email at [email protected] and I will add it! 

To everyone who has posted your experiences in my earlier post, I will ask that you also submit your experiences through the survey instrument. Doing so will help me tremendously in managing the data that's submitted!

If anyone has any questions please email me at [email protected].

Status
Not open for further replies.