FX Help Needed (Great Groups Shotgun Pattern) 🤣

I have a Maverick 25 cal sniper. Shooting nsa 38.5 at 940fps. Groups at 50 yards are hole in hole. 75 yards the are all touching 100 yards is even good but for the life of me I can’t figure out why I’d be aiming dead center and I’ll have a group go high left high right dead center dead center but low. I indexed my barrel to where at 50 yards my windage and slug are centered. Even at 75 yards I have this happen as well. I’m about to sell all slugs and convert my maverick to a 30 cal 600mm and only mess with pellets.

I had a Maverick Compact 177 that would do the same with pellets. I scored a 197 in the 30YC, but more often I would get a POI shift somewhere in the card. I did everything short of the CF sleeve. I decided, after reading a multitude of forum posts about shifting POI, to sell it. I was happier taking the loss and not sinking more money into it for a possibility of it performing. I had hours of tuning into the Mav to get a 197, and a few thousand pellets. My Huntsman did it with zero tuning and under 500 pellets.

Some people don’t have POI shifts, I’m happy for them. I was soured due to it and will not buy another FX with a liner barrel. Plenty of stuff on the market.

I had a Maverick Compact 177 that would do the same with pellets. I scored a 197 in the 30YC, but more often I would get a POI shift somewhere in the card. I did everything short of the CF sleeve. I decided, after reading a multitude of forum posts about shifting POI, to sell it. I was happier taking the loss and not sinking more money into it for a possibility of it performing. I had hours of tuning into the Mav to get a 197, and a few thousand pellets. My Huntsman did it with zero tuning and under 500 pellets.

Some people don’t have POI shifts, I’m happy for them. I was soured due to it and will not buy another FX with a liner barrel. Plenty of stuff on the market.
I though about selling it as well and buying a Skout Epoch or Cricket 2 Tactical. I like the platform. But the poi shift is annoying. That’s with a tension barrel as well. I bought a saber tactical Trs hoping that it would help but the sniper shroud hits the rail.

I've had the same issue, Take out the barrel, and make sure everything is SNUG, re-assemble with a bit of lube on the o-rings. I think you'll find the issue gone.

Ernst Rowe says to use some Purple or Blue Loctite on the threads but....can't see the point personally it's not going anywhere, perhaps he's had some work loose. As for indexing, meh, that won't stop it from going all over the place as you've seen.

I've had the same issue, Take out the barrel, and make sure everything is SNUG, re-assemble with a bit of lube on the o-rings. I think you'll find the issue gone.

Ernst Rowe says to use some Purple or Blue Loctite on the threads but....can't see the point personally it's not going anywhere, perhaps he's had some work loose. As for indexing, meh, that won't stop it from going all over the place as you've seen.
Thanks HogKiller. I’ll take a look but I think I’m about to say bye to slugs. Been looking at the 30 cal 600 mm barrels and swap back to pellets.

Thanks HogKiller. I’ll take a look but I think I’m about to say bye to slugs. Been looking at the 30 cal 600 mm barrels and swap back to pellets.
I'm using 22gr RMR/ FX slugs in my .22 Mav. Compact with no issues....NOW. If you're grouping and you said you were then it's another issue, I'm betting on things not being snug/tight, I just happened to stumble upon one day and this bright light appears...at first I though it was the end of times but nope, just the brain flashing.

I'm using 22gr RMR/ FX slugs in my .22 Mav. Compact with no issues....NOW. If you're grouping and you said you were then it's another issue, I'm betting on things not being snug/tight, I just happened to stumble upon one day and this bright light appears...at first I though it was the end of times but nope, just the brain flashing.
Very well could be. I bought a Trs and the factory shroud was touching the Trs rail. So I had to put my tensioner barrel back on. And I can only put it so tight.l before it pulls out the breech.

IMG_9642.jpeg

Very well could be. I bought a Trs and the factory shroud was touching the Trs rail. So I had to put my tensioner barrel back on. And I can only put it so tight.l before it pulls out the breech.

View attachment 411797
Because I have close to zero knowledge of tensioned barrels except on my Sapsan, it's like hand tight, not torqued to 50 ft. lbs.

Because I have close to zero knowledge of tensioned barrels except on my Sapsan, it's like hand tight, not torqued to 50 ft. lbs.
Yeah so I had DonnyFl machine me an adapter to screw on the liner nut to 1/2 20. I place the carbon fiber tuner over barrel housing place adapter on ans basically turn it from 12:00 to between 1 and 2:00

I been chasing these slugs around for a while I’m to the point I just wanna pick up the gun and shoot lol
Want a suggestion, get back to basics, take off all of the crap, put it back to stock but with the carbon liner and see what happens. My project gun started out as a .25 sniper, it's now a ground squirrel killer at 125 yard Compact .22. My Mav. .25 VP is an insane shove something in it and it'll just drill holes. Both are basically stock except for the CF liners, cleaned up liners, Pellet Probes but both are on the pellet transfer port. As I said, I was having the same issue but found that things were a smidge loose and only a smidge but enough to cause the liner to shift.

Want a suggestion, get back to basics, take off all of the crap, put it back to stock but with the carbon liner and see what happens. My project gun started out as a .25 sniper, it's now a ground squirrel killer at 125 yard Compact .22. My Mav. .25 VP is an insane shove something in it and it'll just drill holes. Both are basically stock except for the CF liners, cleaned up liners, Pellet Probes but both are on the pellet transfer port. As I said, I was having the same issue but found that things were a smidge loose and only a smidge but enough to cause the liner to shift.
I’ll check out all my screws on the gun and complete tightness on the barrel. I still have factory hammer and probe in. But I’ll report back when I am able to shoot it.

I have small mistake, my probes are both slug probes, NOT pin, but the transfer port is on pellet, my theory is why restrict the air to the transfer port.