Help needed - Blurry MTC Connect scope?

I finally decided to try one of these nifty Viper Connect scopes from MTC.
I pulled this one from its box, and the first time I looked through it, I noticed an annoying "glare" at full zoom.
I mounted the scope to my Vulcan, and it works great except that at anything over 8x zoom, there is this annoying sun flare, or glare. 

Has as anyone ever seen something like this? Is the scope defective?
none of my other scopes have had this problem. Even my cheapo BugBusters.
what should I do? 
901ca4cae12d848b695d96bb901aa41a.jpg
30ace017ca41208bc91e2540a58638d2.jpg

I see your front cover is rotated to the top (so it opens closes in the vertical plane) .
Try to screw it back in to where it will go not further, it should open and close exactly in the horizontal plane.
I think the coverpart is NOT a loose piece that clips over the tube, but in fact is the locking part of the front lens.
Hope this helps. The Connects are awesome!

That's good thinking Martin. However, the cap does rotate independently of the threaded lense. The lense is tight. 

And, it's definitely not actual sun glare. I've tried it now in several lighting conditions. Even tried it indoors. 

At anything below 8x, the picture is excellent. I think I'm going to persue an exchange. I really like this scope, and I'm certain this one must have an alignment issue from assembly.

I ave the model with the 32mm objective and it does not have this problem. The objective cover on the 32mm does open horizontally, but I don't know about the 24mm. 
Your scope is defective. Contact the retailer for return.
As long as you can handle the short eye relief the Connect is a great hunting scope. I would not use it solely for target shooting, though.