Help me to choose my first pcp hunting airgun

Hello everyone, I want to buy pcp airgun to hunt when I need to bring food on my table (rabbits and maybe a small deer) , my budget is 1000 dollars

I need airgun, hand pump and scope

Close to my budget is FX dreamline .25 , I love FX Royale 500 but then I dont have money for the pump and the scope :/

Pls help me, I was searching on forums and youtube for few days and I am bit overwhelmed

ps: Maybe there is lot of treads like mine, so pls if you dont want to answer just send me links of simular threads

Greetings from Croatia

I know nothing about the Hatsan, but the FX Boss/Royale platform is very good, I have a Royal 400 and like it very much. But, unless you have no access to a dive shop or other source of hydraulic refill, I would recommend against a hand pump. I would not be in the sport if I had to hand pump, and I have a good pump. You can get a very good underlever rifle, such as the HW97, with sufficient power for small game. As for taking deer size game with it, well, I've angered more than one member here by recommending against it. Good luck with your decision, and enjoy whatever you decide to buy.

Well, considering the cost of a decent scope and a pump, you are going to be quite limited on a quality PCP rifle. You might consider a Benjamin Marauder in .22 or .25. But, unless you have no access to a dive shop or other source of hydraulic refill, I would recommend against a hand pump. I would not be in the sport if I had to hand pump, and I have a good pump. You can get a very good underlever rifle, such as the HW97, with sufficient power for small game. As for taking deer size game with it, well, I've angered more than one member here by recommending against it. Good luck with your decision, and enjoy whatever you decide to buy.

Awsome replay, thank you very much elh0102 , for example: If I buy FX royale 500, is it imposible to use hand pump on it or its just hard? strength for me is not problem, I am just really new in this pcp stuff, I just want to know is it possible to use hand pump on hunting airguns?

I can buy this from Slovenia: https://www.rojal.si/hr/shop/zracno-oruzje/zracne-puske/gunpower-sss.html in .25 calibre, can i hand pump it ?

I would not want to pump anything with a hand pump where I would have to go over 200 BAR. it has been my experience that once you start going past 200 BAR it becomes very hard to pump and the o-rings inside the pump need to be replaced much more often

Shalom

John

Thank you, what rifle would you recommend to me? I want .22 or .25 that can kill rabbits over 50 yards if I need to :)

Rojal sells an RTI Priest for 800 EUR.

Hand pump on Aliexpress runs at around 40USD

The attached Marcool 8x44 fixed magnification scope can be had on Ali for around 80 USD. Perfect for hunting.

IMG_3523-2.1609533755.jpg

Do I recommend the FX Royale? Definitely. Can it be hand pumped? Absolutely. Just be sure to do it with interruptions to let your pump cool off or it will burn. I recommend to pump it after each 20-30 shots, no sweat like that.

Another great hunter is the Hatsan Flash pup. I recommend the 6.35 mm cal in wood. Carabinas y pistolas and others carry it for less than 400EUR.

Also look into the Kral Puncher family. Balistas (cz) carries a Puncher Maxi 5.5mm for 400eur. Excellent gun, seriously underrated. Get their 47Eur silencer at the same time, it's super.

And Krale (nl) carries a BSA Brigadier for 525Eur. Very accurate, great build, and I love that stock. Money left as well to buy a Hogan Decimeater silencer for around 50Eur -- a no brainer.

All of those guns will take care of rabbits at 60m in a hurry.

🐦

My FX Royale 400 hits 'em hard. Currently, I'm shooting 21.39 gr H & N Baracuda Match pellets at a average of 834.5 fps. That gives it a fps of 33.08 ft-lbs. In fact I have three squirrels laying out under my bird feeders right now. As soon as the rain lets up, I'm gonna roll out in my wheel chair and collect them. Gonna eat good tonight.

You mentioned a hand pump - I'd sure hate to have to pump this Royale up to 220 BAR, but if you got to, you got to. I have a 4500 psi Omega Air Charger that I use to keep my 66 cu ft carbon fiber tank full. I then use the tank to fill my Royale, just takes a matter of seconds to fill the gun.

I REALLY liked my Hatsan BT65, .25 caliber. It hit like a brick and it didn't break the bank. It's on the heavier side & nowhere near as smooth as my Royale 500 & Boss but it always delivered when I needed it to. Took out hundreds of squirrels & rabbits with that sucker!

I've read about its amazing power and great accuracy. Gregor Kamensek made a great youtube vid about it. Apparently it's a bit of an air hog though, due to the valve design ...

Was yours in synthetic stock? I saw several reviews indicating that it suffered POI shift when rested because the scope rail was impacted by the flexible stock ... Any views based on your experience ? This also happened to my Hatsan Flash pup synthetic. The wood version I also have is more rigid and does not suffer that issue.

🐦

Sorry for double post, I need to say in Croatia there is only FX airguns and Hatsan airguns available to me or airforce escape ss .25

I can buy other airguns on EU market but then I cant pay monthly (24 ) :(

...you won't go too wrong there...!!!...my go to hunting piece...

...accurate...powerful...simple...rugged...reliable...easy to pump up with hand pump...light weight...well balanced...

...the only thing it really gives up is having a repeating magazine...

...sometimes less is more...you can't lose or beak the magazine on an airforce rifle...

...I tend to shoot one shot at a time, especially when hunting, anyway...

...usually if I miss the prey is gone, although there are indeed times I wished for that quick reload whilst fumbling for another pellet...

...in your situation, (as well as in my own situation here in the bloated 1st world of the USA), I would not consider the FX...or is it the FiX...???... (grin)

I'm just getting started as well. $400 for an electric pump is realistic. Small game, like rabbits, squirrel, and maybe small hogs can be done with a 25 cal. There are some dandies out there that will keep you in budget. Avenger, Benjamin has a couple of budget offerings, Gamo has one IIRC from all the mind bending shopping, and so forth.

Very adequate glass can be had for $50 or less on Amazon. You can upgrade later if you need to and still have a backup.

Check your state regulations. Texas requires a minimum of 30 cal with speed and or energy requirements for big game. Non game is subjective, but why bother if your going to buy, buy in to the minimum at least. YMMV

Happy Shopping

Thank you everyone for awsome and friendly replies, I am so glad that I found this forum, very positive community!!

I think that I like hatsan bt65 .25, there is some good offers in Slovenia, here is the link: https://nold.si/domov/5637-zracna-puska-bt65-pcp-63525-elite-hatsan-komplet-lw.html

For 800euros I can get everything, I just need hand pump :D

I watched lot of reviewes of this airgun, it have crazy power

Hey brothers sry for the double post, I just ordered hatsan elite .25 and hill pump (little bit over my budget but thats okay)

for practicing i choose JSB Exact King 25.4grams

What pellets would you chose for hunting? And from what distance would you take your shots if you want to kill big rabbit or small fox/coyote ?

I know that hatsan have good hiting energy from muzzle but what about after 50 yards? I cant find that info, maybe someone can explain that to me, if muzzle enegry is 70 jules at start, how many it will be after 40m/50 yards

Sry for my bad english, I hope you did understand me :)