• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Help me pick out first PCP rifle

It is also a fallacy that bigger air reservoirs are harder to handpump then small ones,.....higher pressure yes but bigger reservoirs no.

maybe the first time from empty, but once the bottle or tube is at max pressure it's all about power and shots taken.

if 2 guns have the same power, one has a 160cc tube the other a 500cc bottle,...you shoot lets say 2 magazine ( 20 shots ) from each gun it will be the same effort topping up again regardless if one gun has a small tube or a big bottle.

If you are really plan on shooting a maximum of only 100 shots a year then you might be better off buying the most accurate 22 or 25 caliber spring gun instead. Assuming noise and weight aren't a problem.

If it were me I would choose a Diana Air King Pro in 22 or 25 if available and use the Diana Bulls eye scope mount and a Sightron S Tac 4-20x50 scope. Total under $1000 when bought on sale.

Reading the forums the RWS Diana recoiless guns can be 100 yard shooters unlike other traditional recoilling spring guns which have a much closer distance accuracy limit.

I am not sure the PcP air guns want to be neglected by not shooting and refilling their air.

You may one day want to grab it and shoot and the air had leaked out from not using it.

I would think a regulated gun might take a set and creep if not used regularly so may be better to get a non regulated Daystate Huntsman if not planning to use it much at all under 100 shots a year.

Don't buy any PcP air gun that has any reported history of users complaining about leaks. Since you absolutely don't want to grab it one day and you notice it's all out of air and leaks out as you are pumping it.

Probably a good idea to leave it filled half way or less during storage in your case.

Take a look at the Benjamin Cayden. It’s kind of similar to the marauder but has a side lever instead of a bolt action. Has a good shot count and trigger. Real walnut stock also.

The Cayden has no similarities to the Marauder whatsoever,....A Turkish gun,...monoblock, sidelever, power adjuster it's pretty much a Kral

and if you want to buy a Turkish gun I would suggest going through Troy Hammer rather then buying re-branded Crosman guns.

Take a look at the Kuzey line on Troy's website.

What I meant was it was kind of similar in The way it looks And handles. Of course I know it’s a Kral .He was originally only willing to spend 6 to $800.It is still a decent made PCP and accurate with a good trigger and yes it has a power adjuster which The marauder Doesn’t .But so what. That’s a plus not a negative. And you still get the five year warranty. That’s why when he said he like the look of the Daystate Huntsman, I said that would be a great choice.

Ho yeah Ripper I agree, those Turkish guns are 10 times batter then a Marauder,....still I would rather go through Troy Hammer if going that direction rather then Crosman, the 5 year warranty is a joke.

No it’s not 10 times better. Their warranty a joke? Maybe to you. I’ve never had any problem with the warranty along with many other people although I haven’t had to use it much at all.

The difference among a brake barrel and a PCP is equivalent of using a manual screw driver and using an electric one.

I would not recommend anybody except a young boy or girl to buy a brake barrel.

Even pumping a PCP is better than using a brake barrel. And having an electric small compressor is not so expensive and make ALL difference !!!

A Daystate Regal XL and an small compressor will grant pleasure of shooting for many years.

Ho yeah Ripper I agree, those Turkish guns are 10 times batter then a Marauder,....still I would rather go through Troy Hammer if going that direction rather then Crosman, the 5 year warranty is a joke.

No it’s not 10 times better. Their warranty a joke? Maybe to you. I’ve never had any problem with the warranty along with many other people although I haven’t had to use it much at all.

Ho yes they are, I had 5 Marauders and the current offerings from Kral, Kuzey are far far superior to Marauders why do you think that Crosman gone to Turkey to bring guns in and re-brand hem under the Benjamin logo ?.....because they are better then what Crosman has to offer.

5 years warranty, what a joke when you even have to pay out of pocket if you need to send a gun back,....just a marketing hook to catch fish.

@cgriff20

I can also highly recommend the Daystate Huntsman Revere or Regal XL. Just be aware that there are several versions of this rifle that are available. Give Airguns of Arizona (AoA) a call and they'll sort you out. They're very helpful. I know it's a little over your budget but it's worth saving up a little more for it. You could also buy used if you're not opposed to it. The Revere and Regal XL come in right or left hand stocks.

They also come in regulated (Revere) or unregulated (Revere or Regal XL) versions. They have them available with a side lever (Revere) or bolt action (Regal XL). The bolt action is a little harder to activate but not all that bad. Best bang for the buck would be getting the Huntsman Regal XL which is unregulated. In terms of accuracy and shot count, you won't be missing out much compared to the regulated version of the Revere.

In my experience and others, fill anywhere between 200 to 220 BAR and shoot down to 130/135 BAR which would get you around 30 to 45 shots in .22cal. Pumping is not that bad for the Regal XL. I recall it took around 55 pumps to get my Regal up to 210 BAR which was the sweet spot for efficiency and accuracy.

Screenshot_20220105-174824_Chrome.1641371004.jpg