Help me pick my next PCP rifle

Hey guys new to the PCP. Im looking for a mid priced rifle to plink and target shoot in my back yard. Im a noon to PCP but not shooting. Ive converted my 1022 Ruger into my own. (custom barrel, custom trigger and stock) and been plinking with my Crossman and Beman in the backyard for years now and its time for me to step it up. What are some suggestions for me to consider. Id like to stick to the best bang for the buck in the $1500 or less catagory.

Ive narrowed down some options based on some of the following criteria.
  • Shooting distance 25-100 yd plinking and field targets. NRL22 targets
  • .22 calibur
  • Regulated (accuracy over power)
  • 2 stage trigger
  • Magizine loading
  • Tight grouping and accuracy is top priority. Target Shooting
  • Picitiny or weaver rail for accessories like bipod and scope.
  • Needs to be adjustable based ammunition selection ( pellets/slugs)
  • Nice to have and high secondary priority would be to be able to swap to another barrel for a diffrent caliber.
  • Nice to have shoot slugs and pellets from same barrell with out having to swap
  • Nice to have a moderator/silencer as an included item.
What are your recommendations??
These are some options that I started to look at and thought might be good options.

This is an odd ball not sure if its all the hype around this modle but watching the reviews its like the best thing since sliced bread.

FX Impact 600mm 480cc is it as good as everyone says? My concerns are with all the complexity (tuning)and lots of pontential failure points (lots of o rings) and potential for leaks. With all that said I have not seen a lot of issues or negative comments about this gun. Most if not all of the reviews give it extremely high praise. So is it worth paying extra???
The IMPACT is really more than I want to spend. Id like to stick under the $1500 price point BUT if its that good i dont mind eating penut butter and jelly sandwiches for another month.

These are some PCP that ars on my radar. Please help me confirm or rulle out these options and let me know if I have missed anything.
  • FX dreamline lite with bottle
  • Brocock Sniper XR
  • Brocock Commander XR
  • BRK Ghost Carbine
  • Hatsan Factor RC

• RAW HM 100x Chassis
Thoughts on these or other similar style guns. I dont like the bullpup style or very traditional gun stle. I prefer a more tactical style as you can tell from my list.

Last edited:
Go to your profile.
Should be a "more options" button.🎩🤙

Screenshot_20230213_215333_Chrome.jpg

BUT is it as good as they say? Is it worth the $2200?

yes,it is. imo.

but only if you understand how to tune it.

ive seen new impact owners start spinning the knobs without fully understanding what the knobs actually do,
then wonder why accuracy or power isnt there.

to be honest,
my impact m3 has been the easiest gun to tune that ive ever had.

ernest has a few good videos about tuning it,
its a very simple process.

Reactions: FIDI_G
You could save a bunch of money with a P35 or a Stoeger Bullshark. They are really short bullpups and I find my P35s a little challenging to shoot from the bench really well but they are under $500. Regulated, good power, and good to really good accuracy. My P35-22 has given me a mid 190 30 yard challenge target and my 177 a couple 184s. I'm hoping to improve those scores. My P35-22 came tuned to about 32 fpe and gets about 60 shots on a fill. EdinGA came up with a good way to add a picatiny for a bipod, they come with a picatiny scope mount. Nice guns, especially for the price. They have baffles in the shroud but benefit from a in shroud moderator - but those are inexpensive. With the mods all three of mine are 85db or less.

Man are you going to get a 100 different suggestions other than what you've listed 🤣. The flavor for the past year for me has been the RTI Prophet V1... The compact and it's big brother. Super accurate and so easy to tune it should be a crime..
Out of the ones you have listed.. go for it.. except hatsan... Sure there's the lucky few that have one that they love... but it will never be a RAW, FX or Brocock..

Reactions: FIDI_G
BUT is it as good as they say? Is it worth the $2200?
It IS as good as they say. I've achieved MOA at 100 yards and hit some golf balls at 200. Yeah, it's taken some time to get there but it's been a fun and interesting process. As to whether it's worth the price only you can answer that. I know that 1)top level accuracy and 2)power is what I was after and it has delivered.
Just bought a lifetime's worth of o-rings (like 5-10 of each one) and it was like $35, shipping included. Have shot many thousands of rounds in 15 months and still haven't changed a single o-ring.
If you want to shoot, tinker to improve, choose from a wide variety of projectiles and power settings, then it's for you. If you just want to pull it out of the case and shoot then maybe not. Mine is not only a great rifle but an absorbing & fun project.
BTW, want to change caliber? $100 will do that!

yes,it is. imo.

but only if you understand how to tune it.

ive seen new impact owners start spinning the knobs without fully understanding what the knobs actually do,
then wonder why accuracy or power isnt there.

to be honest,
my impact m3 has been the easiest gun to tune that ive ever had.

ernest has a few good videos about tuning it,
its a very simple process.
From what it clooks like you need a chronograph to tune any gun is this correct? Or can you tune a gun with out any additional tools? Just curious this is all new to me.

Hey guys new to the PCP. Im looking for a mid priced rifle to plink and target shoot in my back yard. Im a noon to PCP but not shooting. Ive converted my 1022 Ruger into my own. (custom barrel, custom trigger and stock) and been plinking with my Crossman and Beman in the backyard for years now and its time for me to step it up. What are some suggestions for me to consider. Id like to stick to the best bang for the buck in the $1500 or less catagory.

Ive narrowed down some options based on some of the following criteria.
  • Shooting distance 25-100 yd plinking and field targets. NRL22 targets
  • .22 calibur
  • Regulated (accuracy over power)
  • 2 stage trigger
  • Magizine loading
  • Tight grouping and accuracy is top priority. Target Shooting
  • Picitiny or weaver rail for accessories like bipod and scope.
  • Needs to be adjustable based ammunition selection ( pellets/slugs)
  • Nice to have and high secondary priority would be to be able to swap to another barrel for a diffrent caliber.
  • Nice to have shoot slugs and pellets from same barrell with out having to swap
  • Nice to have a moderator/silencer as an included item.
What are your recommendations??
These are some options that I started to look at and thought might be good options.

This is an odd ball not sure if its all the hype around this modle but watching the reviews its like the best thing since sliced bread.

FX Impact 600mm 480cc is it as good as everyone says? My concerns are with all the complexity (tuning)and lots of pontential failure points (lots of o rings) and potential for leaks. With all that said I have not seen a lot of issues or negative comments about this gun. Most if not all of the reviews give it extremely high praise. So is it worth paying extra???
The IMPACT is really more than I want to spend. Id like to stick under the $1500 price point BUT if its that good i dont mind eating penut butter and jelly sandwiches for another month.

These are some PCP that ars on my radar. Please help me confirm or rulle out these options and let me know if I have missed anything.
  • FX dreamline lite with bottle
  • Brocock Sniper XR
  • Brocock Commander XR
  • BRK Ghost Carbine
  • Hatsan Factor RC

• RAW HM 100x Chassis
Thoughts on these or other similar style guns. I dont like the bullpup style or very traditional gun stle. I prefer a more tactical style as you can tell from my list.
I have owned the dreamline classic and I loved it but it is a right hand only gun. I sold my dreamline and got the impact m3 and I can say I love the m3 so if you can shoot right handed get the dreamline and you will be very happy. Both guns are very easy to tune but the m3 is easier to tune.

What do you guys think of the Brocock Sniper XP ? Im still on the fence on spending 2K then I need a pump , and a scope, chronograph. By the time Im all in for well north of 3k. I think AOA has a deal going but it looks like there all sold out
Hand pumping up a bottle gun is going to be a whole lot of “no fun”. It will get old quickly.