• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Help me pick my next .30 Cal

I'm about to pull the trigger on another .30 cal. I have an impact but have converted it to 22 and that's where it's going to stay. Same for my Wildcat.
Wanting to try something other than FX this time.
Realizing I'm opening a can of worms here, I need some feedback on two that I'm considering. Also realizing that I'm comparing two very different rifles.
I'm thinking about either an Edgun Leshiy 2, 350mm with the "behemoth" silencer. I like the compactness of it, and the semi auto seems like a blast to shoot.
However, their being from Russia is concerning to me. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but with the current political climate between the US and Russia, will support and availability of parts become an issue in the future?
The other rifle I'm considering is the new Daystate Alpha Wolf Safari. My concerns with this one is all the electronics involved. While it seems like it's amazing to have an onboard chronograph and computer controlled tuning, it sure seems like a lot of other stuff that could potentially go wrong. Again, I've had ZERO experience with either, so I'm looking for bad and the good feedback and suggestions.
Help a brother out. Thanks.

Reactions: merpo
JSAR Rogue Raptor .30? Very accurate, simple, powerful and robust. Better yet, made in the USA.
4B4F26E5-5875-46C1-A9BA-3197C47FC936.jpeg

View attachment 334648View attachment 334647
Evanix cloud ultra , 30 cal. Semi auto. Air driven shoots from an open bolt. Good power and accuracy.
You really don’t hear much about these. I wanted one for a long time but production was delayed for so long I gave up. Other than a write up/ review from Klandiy? this is only like the second time hearing about it.

What kind of shooting are you planning on doing?

I'm kind of in the same boat looking for a .30cal to hunt with at night.

The Leshiy 2 is very attractive. I don't think parts and service will be an issue since we now know Edgun has domestic manufacturing capability. I like the compact design and a revolver action is pretty rad.

The AAA Evol .30 is the other gun I'm considering. It's 'Murcan F-Yeah so thats worth some points right there. Everything ive read about AAA and this rifle in particular is exemplary. I already own an accurate, long barrel single-shot PCP however so is it worth spending this much for more of the same..?

What kind of shooting are you planning on doing?

I'm kind of in the same boat looking for a .30cal to hunt with at night.

The Leshiy 2 is very attractive. I don't think parts and service will be an issue since we now know Edgun has domestic manufacturing capability. I like the compact design and a revolver action is pretty rad.

The AAA Evol .30 is the other gun I'm considering. It's 'Murcan F-Yeah so thats worth some points right there. Everything ive read about AAA and this rifle in particular is exemplary. I already own an accurate, long barrel single-shot PCP however so is it worth spending this much for more of the same..?
The more I read about the Leshiy 2's, and the 'electric' guns like daystate and now Skout, the less I'm interested. Just seems like more to go wrong. Especially for performance vs. price.
GA requires a minimum of .30 cal air rifles to hunt "big game". I'm a turkey hunter and Georgia considers Turkey, big game. Even though any PCP .177 in the head of a turkey would drop him in his tracks. I'm wanting a compact and powerful 30 for that purpose. I already own a couple of FX rifles, an Impact M3 and a WC MK3 BT, and just wanted to be fair and maybe dip my toes into another brand for a change. Albeit, with all my spare parts, o-rings, accessories, etc., for my Impact, A new compact M3 in 30 is being considered also.
Definitely will look into the AAA Evol, and others mentioned. It's a tough choice.

I would put in a vote for the Leshiy 2 or EVOL for sure. Brian is moving a lot of the EdGun manufacturing to the US, so I don't think parts will be a concern.

I don't have experience with the Alpha Wolf in .30, but I love my .177 with incoming .25 barrel. In the past five years I've been reading about electronic Daystates I have seen very few, if any, threads on electronics failures. I also owned a Red Wolf in the past and loved it. Anything can fail - electronics, o-rings, mechanical, etc. Don't let that fear put you off on trying a great airgun.