• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Help me fix my airgun

Not in my experience.

With the hammer and spring outside the gun, can you compress the spring into the hammer?

In your picture with the spring stop installed and hammer back as far as it will go, the free end of spring doesn’t look compressed (stacked) but it may just appear that way. If the free end doesn’t stack, something else is stopping the bolts movement rearward.

Dave

Circled in redView attachment 463994
Yes I can compress the spring with spring and hammer assembly outside the gun. However there is a cut out *window in the hammer via which I can see the spring. I can see that if I compress the spring, the part that is outside the hammer compresses but not the part that is inside the hammer which I can see via this window.

In the picture I didn't full pull the load lever backwards to compress it as I was taking picture. It requires good amount of force which isn't normal. To give an idea, doing so, resulted in load lever to bend and also damaged the threads of the spring retaining screw. Basically what I am saying is that in picture I didn't compress it fully but I am able to compress this visible part of spring.