• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HELP me fill my SCBA with a Yong Heng

Am I doing this correctly ? I don't want to hurt myself.
I have the Yong Heng going to the moisture filler, into the SCBA tank.
Am I using the correct parts and will this work ? I already know it will take an hour or so and to fill it in 10 minute intervals.
Thanks, Mike

7C89F41A-57C5-4150-8A2E-069030B415DD_1_201_a.jpeg

09939820-8B46-4FC1-A599-8023C01C590F_1_201_a.jpeg

Reactions: anonymous_.457
MB,
Here's my Florida garage fill station, based upon Biohazardman, a Yong Heng expert, suggestions. I'd recommend searching for his Fact Sheet in the archives, he has comments about a Yong Heng Simple Model (No Cyclonic Water Seperator) choice. On my set-up notice filters are vertical, item being filled above everything to resist moisture, 5-gallons of ice-bottle chilled water (level with compressor) and an extra fan behind compressor. Remember heat is the compressor's enemy and moisture is the airguns. Best of Luck, WM
IMG_20220322_203924.jpg

Am I doing this correctly ? I don't want to hurt myself.
I have the Yong Heng going to the moisture filler, into the SCBA tank.
Am I using the correct parts and will this work ? I already know it will take an hour or so and to fill it in 10 minute intervals.
Thanks, Mike

View attachment 295341

View attachment 295342
How come no water lines, water pump, or more importantly, water?

Allen

If the blue cylinder is a molecular sieve type filter with dessicant beads you should mount it vertically somehow with air from compressor entering the bottom and died air exiting the top.
Also, looks like you’re going to need a double male Foster for the left end of the blue filter to be able to make the connection.

E8307D35-A7C0-4A90-B37F-5AD46D1762DA.jpeg

If the blue cylinder is a molecular sieve type filter with dessicant beads you should mount it vertically somehow with air from compressor entering the bottom and died air exiting the top.
Also, looks like you’re going to need a double male Foster for the left end of the blue filter to be able to make the connection.

View attachment 295387
Yes, I was just asking about the set up. I will have it vertical, but is this the correct (or acceptable) way to do it ? I don't need to buy any more fittings, etc ? Thanks for chiming in @rcs9250 . Mike

My set up. Filled 45 minute tank from empty to 4000psi in about 3hrs. Took many breaks and didnt over stress YH. Did fine

View attachment 295346
My set up is most like yours looks. So, I can use the black hose that goes to the tanks, and I don't need to use the TIPMAN ? After ,looking at your set up carefully it looks like mine basically. Thanks. - Mike

I'd take it out of the plastic tub while actually running it so it can breathe easier. You may be planning on doing that anyway. And if you're monitoring the temps I don't think you'll need to stop and restart it every 10min. You'd have to repressurize all the hoses and filter every time. Just my 2 cents.
jk

HEY, HAS NO ONE NOTICED, in the top picture it looks as though the COMPRESSOR ITSELF is partially submerged in a container of WATER!!! Am I seeing this incorrectly? If I'm correct the Yong Heng is screwed before even being turned on!!! If I'm seeing it wrongly, the YH should STILL be removed from plastic container. It will seriously restrict air flow & cooling. OP needs to get a fan or two blowing on the compressor from front & rear for maximum cooling. Also, what about water reservoir?

Last edited:
Reactions: mb94952
MB,
Hope my set-up gives some ideas, cudos to Biohazardman, I copied from him. They're some additional items I'll mention that might help. Plywood base (3/4") helps to stabilize vibrations, large filters are sitting on shelf lip (cable ties are just snug), white foam pipe insulation behind gold filter allow for more appropriate installation of smaller filters, remote location of digital temperature display using velcro, black twist tie holding water hoses to 5-gallon bucket handle and white rope used to secure fan behind compressor. Also, that odd shaped black display, fastened to compressor side, above metal ID plate, is a vibration hour meter. Best of Luck, WM

HEY, HAS NO ONE NOTICED, in the top picture it looks as though the COMPRESSOR ITSELF is partially submerged in a container of WATER!!! Am I seeing this incorrectly? If I'm correct the Yong Heng is screwed before even being turned on!!! If I'm seeing it wrongly, the YH should STILL be removed from plastic container. It will seriously restrict air flow & cooling. OP needs to get a fan or two blowing on the compressor from front & rear for maximum cooling. Also, what about water reservoir?
I thought the same at first, now i believe it is floor protection. I also can’t see if you have a male to male foster coupling to connect the large filter to the YongHeng. You definitely want to provide as much air flow over the compressor, including the windings of the motor, as possible.

I thought the same at first, now i believe it is floor protection. I also can’t see if you have a male to male foster coupling to connect the large filter to the YongHeng. You definitely want to provide as much air flow over the compressor, including the windings of the motor, as possible.
Yes, it's just floor protection because it leaked oil, but I fixed it by seating the rubber gasket better, and after I took this photo I actually cut out a "U" shape to let the fan breather better.

You might've seen the paper towels lining the bottom to absorb oil and maybe that looked like water.
Thanks for the concern.

Oh, and when I take it outside I do take it out of the bin and put it onto a cookie tray, so I'm not sure why I even cut the piece out, but oh well. If I decide to run it in the plastic bin it will breathe.

And I just got the male to male Foster fitting, so thanks @rcs9250 .

I'd take it out of the plastic tub while actually running it so it can breathe easier. You may be planning on doing that anyway. And if you're monitoring the temps I don't think you'll need to stop and restart it every 10min. You'd have to repressurize all the hoses and filter every time. Just my 2 cents.
jk
Good point. I do monitor the temp carefully and don't let it get too hot. I use very cold water, too, but I need to upgrade to a 5 gallon bucket like most of you do.

So what is the alternative then to stopping it @jking so I don't have to repressurize the lines ?

I'd run it longer. If your tank was completely empty it might take a while to fill but I wouldn't be afraid to go at least 20min of run time while watching the temps. If everything is looking good just keep on going. I've heard of others leaning on the more cautious side though too. If you were to run 10 min then shut it down, you'd spend a lot of time just re-pressuring the fill assembly than actually putting air in the tank.