• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

help me decide

help me choose between the sideshot gopro mount or the tactacam setup to look through the scope looking for pros and cons of both thanks

I am in the middle of this as well. I will update you when I can give a better answer. I screwed up and didn't get the FTS version at first. I have the side shot phone set up and I have an extra go pro so I have to get another side shot, lense for go pro etc It's a struggle lol

I tried both side shot options and spent lots of cash for not the best vids at all. Finally got the Tactacam and it's been awesome. I am not a audio video person. I think the sideshot options are good if and it's a big if you have the right phone and/or the right gopro. I have a Samsung Galaxy phone 9+ and it didn't like the sideshot. The Hero 4 Black needed a different lens so I ordered it and still had issues. Watched cyclops vid on Tactacam and never looked back. Got a killer package deal from Fox optic for just over 500 bucks. 3 batteries, double charger, remote control and the FTS. Mounts to any scope without an illuminated reticle knob in the rear in less than a min. The wifi to your smartphone feature ensures you have a perfect setup before you find out you filmed all day with an out of focus setup. The only downside I have seen so far is the slow motion is just a touch not slow enough. Sound and pic quality are amazing for the price. Good luck in your quest. 

I tried both side shot options and spent lots of cash for not the best vids at all. Finally got the Tactacam and it's been awesome. I am not a audio video person. I think the sideshot options are good if and it's a big if you have the right phone and/or the right gopro. I have a Samsung Galaxy phone 9+ and it didn't like the sideshot. The Hero 4 Black needed a different lens so I ordered it and still had issues. Watched cyclops vid on Tactacam and never looked back. Got a killer package deal from Fox optic for just over 500 bucks. 3 batteries, double charger, remote control and the FTS. Mounts to any scope without an illuminated reticle knob in the rear in less than a min. The wifi to your smartphone feature ensures you have a perfect setup before you find out you filmed all day with an out of focus setup. The only downside I have seen so far is the slow motion is just a touch not slow enough. Sound and pic quality are amazing for the price. Good luck in your quest.

Did you notice a degradation in look through with your tactacam? I have a decent but not high end scope ( Hawke frontier ) I used it for awhile and pilled the FTS off and it was a substantial difference.