Help me decide - 25 caliber: Marauder, Avenger, or Gauntlet

Having both many Gauntlet and Marauder, hands down Marauder. The trigger aftermarket parts, factory support, tuning accessories, all go to Marauder. As others have wrote think of saving up a getting a better gun. GREAT guns that have been redesigned or fell out of favor will blow both of these guns away. A conversation I had without with Joe Rhea " the most expensive gun I've ever owned iwas a Marauder" I too fell into that trap, its easy add a custom stock, custom valves, 

My first PCP was a Marauder Pistol and my second a 25 caliber Avenger. I like the Avenger and I have it tuned nicely to shoot 1/4 inch groups at 33 yards with FX 25.4 or JSB 33.95 grain pellets. I have a couple slugs to try and want to try both it's favorite pellets at 50 yards or more before deciding what I want to shoot in this gun.

Comparing the two - which I know isn't exactly what you asked - the Prod trigger is significantly better out of the box than I can adjust the Avenger to. Lighter with less creep. The side lever is nicer than the bolt, however. The Avenger shoots better but the Prod only has a 2-7 scope and the Avenger has a 4-14 so that probably explains it. Both are accurate. My Avenger leaked when I got it but Air Venturi repaired it and it doesn't leak now. I am more confident in the Prod not requiring work to stay fully functional indefinitely (beyond possibly o-rings). If you get an Avenger with an issue, I think Air Venturi will take care of you, at least they fixed my problem in about 5 weeks. I think Crosman would too but I think you are less likely to have a problem with the Crosman. Just my guess based on what I read.

My Avenger is set at a regulator of 2300-2400 psi and shoots 25.4 FX at just over 900fps, JSB 33.95 at 820fps or a little more. It is accurate at this setting (1/4 inch at 33 yards pretty consistently) and I think roughly 50 ft lbs is enough for what I want to do with this gun. You can set the regulator as high as 2900 but what I read indicates it's hard to get much more than 60 fpe with this gun. I don't know what a Marauder will do without mods. I also don't know what you think you need.

Of the ones mentioned I would say the Marauder. Made in the USA. 5 year warranty. My .25 Marauder shot lights out straight out of the box. Not ammo picky. Better quality than the other two by a long ways. Costs a little bit more, but worth it in my opinion.

The Gauntlet is an unforgiving boat anchor to carry around. It's basically a bench gun. I wish I would have never bought mine really. I have a larger bottle on mine. It is powerful and accurate, but it is pretty much a 1 trick pony.

Don't own an Avenger. Some friends of mine do own them. Kind of hit or miss if you get a reliable one or not. I have seen them shoot really well once you get it tuned right.

I'm going to throw the Cometa Lynx V10 in the mix here. It's near same price point as Marauder I believe and a seldom heard of gun that sold here in the USA by Airforce. Very underrated platform that's not marketed well here in the US. It's Regulated, sidelever, shrouded and fairly well built. Mines been a real workhorse over the past 4 years. Definitely one to look at imo 

Here is an old salt's advice on your choices. If you are handy and capable of doing upgrades, select the Marauder. It has the largest collection of upgrades of just about any PCP rifle ever made. Mine is upgraded, and ridiculous at the range.

If you are not the sort to upgrade, then pick based entirely upon the features and functions of a factory version. 

I'm going to throw the Cometa Lynx V10 in the mix here. It's near same price point as Marauder I believe and a seldom heard of gun that sold here in the USA by Airforce. Very underrated platform that's not marketed well here in the US. It's Regulated, sidelever, shrouded and fairly well built. Mines been a real workhorse over the past 4 years. Definitely one to look at imo

Do you have a video review to share-? This sure sounds interesting-!

I too have all three calibers in my Gen I Marauders.

I also have many, many, many pellets..

The .25:

F07FFBEC-6A75-475E-B639-0BC99AFE8A07.1618003753.jpeg

Lord!!! That is one sweet setup!!!

I have a 25 Gen 2 Marauder and a Gen 1 25 Gauntlet.

Both are great guns. It depends on what you want to use it for.

The Gauntlet is bigger and heavier. It is regulated though. Hard hitting and very accurate. Probably better as a bench gun. Great aftermarket support from Hajimoto Productions.

The Marauder is just one of those airguns that isn't fancy, but it just works great. Very accurate. Pretty quiet out of the box. Tons of aftermarket support. Great warranty.

Another one you might look at is the Umarex Orgin 25. It would be more hand pump friendly than the other two. Accurate. Powerful. Side lever. Great price. The latest Youtube reviews on it look promising.