Help me choose my next springer.

I am thinking about buying a springer strictly as a hunting rifle. It has to have a good trigger and be pin point accurate. I also don't want a scope eater. I have long since been cured of the magnum syndrome, so I prefer a nice smooth shot cycle. What would you buy and why? Price is of no concern. I just want a fine shooting hunter!!

For reference, I have owned or still have the following.
BSA SS pre gamo
RWS/Diana 34, 48, 54, and 70
FWB 300S
AA TX 200, Pro Elite
Gamo whisper
More chinese clones than I can count.

Looks like you need a Hatsan. I envy anyone who can say price is no concern. My latest purchase (due tomorrow) is a Hatsan 95 Vortex QE .25. From all I have read the .25 kicks butt with only a minimal drop at forty yards. I rarely get shots at small game beyond that . My Hatsan Edge Vortex in .22 is super accurate so I am hoping for at least the same in the 95. I use open sights mostly with the current exception being my Crosmam Phantom which has a red dot on it and is amazingly accurate too.

​I have been looking at the 95 ever since I first got back into airguns. I like the look of it and the reviews are almost all excellent. While I have several plastic stock guns in both PB and AR I wanted something in wood. The adjustable two stage trigger is a big plus. My experience with the Edge is a big plus too. Add to that it was on sale a Wing Supply for the lowest price I have seen it for and I jumped on it.

WolverickLooks like you need a Hatsan. I envy anyone who can say price is no concern. My latest purchase (due tomorrow) is a Hatsan 95 Vortex QE .25. From all I have read the .25 kicks butt with only a minimal drop at forty yards. I rarely get shots at small game beyond that . My Hatsan Edge Vortex in .22 is super accurate so I am hoping for at least the same in the 95. I use open sights mostly with the current exception being my Crosmam Phantom which has a red dot on it and is amazingly accurate too.

​I have been looking at the 95 ever since I first got back into airguns. I like the look of it and the reviews are almost all excellent. While I have several plastic stock guns in both PB and AR I wanted something in wood. The adjustable two stage trigger is a big plus. My experience with the Edge is a big plus too. Add to that it was on sale a Wing Supply for the lowest price I have seen it for and I jumped on it.

Thanks for the input.

There´s definetely only one choice that meets all your criteria: a Walther LGU in .22 or .25 - it has a smooth matchlike two-stage trigger and is superbly accurate (for a springer) - it shoots smooth as butter, as much so that if you didn´t know that it is a springer, you would honestly think its a gasram. The gun is almost unbreakable and the synthetic stock has a smooth feel to it. Exceptional build quality, just as you would expect from a company like Walther. 

You have the choice between the LGV (break barrel) and the LGV Varmint (underlever).

But as far as I am concerned: for the price of such a top notch springer, I´d rather take the Walther Rotex RM8 PCP which is probably even cheaper. 

The next best choice would be a classic: the Weihrauch HW90 with a gasram. 

Three thoughts, please don't take it the wrong way:
  • Seems like you have plenty of guns. Maybe focus on getting out hunting more, with whatever nice springer you've already got?
  • You had a TX200. Said it was accurate and that you'd buy one again. But as you know, they're quite heavy. How about an Air Arms Pro Sport, in your preferred caliber? It's like the TX200, but with cleaner lines, due to the shorter, hidden under lever. The fact that it's harder to cock doesn't matter for hunting, as you won't be cocking it as much as if you were going to plink with it or something. Someone at Air Arms also said it is more refined than the TX200. Maybe try one, and get it tuned if it is not smooth enough.
  • How about the 12 ft-lb Walther springer, that is said to be very quiet and smooth? JoeWayneRhea posted someone's 50 yard group from one the other day, and it was impressive. I YouTube'd it and found a video of a UK guy shooting one, and it was very quiet, too. Also, it's something different than what you've had.
  • You didn't mention what you're hunting, but from your avatar, I'm guessing squirrels. You mentioned pinpoint accuracy, so I think .177 will do. Keep that nice flat trajectory.

from Chip @ Crosman: "Hear me now listen to me later: hold off until January. Something magical is coming from Crosman."

Does that mean Crosman is finally going to make an accurate mid-power springer/gas ram gun? :D