• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Help me choose my next Impact

I'm looking for a "STOCK" backyard friendly FX Impact. Since the .22 cal still comes with telescoping shroud (not so backyard friendly, personal experience) and now the .25 cal has the "upgraded" fix shroud with screw on stackable moderator system. If I were to let's say set both caliber to shoot at around 30 ft/lbs. Which would be more backyard friendly? Anyone here have that combination of .22 barrel with telescopic shroud and .25 fix shroud with stackable moderator can help me make that decision. Thanks in advance. 

With the fixed shroud you can add additional cups to make the shroud more quiet. I added 4 cups to my .30 cal and it's still not whisper quiet and it will make a loud thump at impact. I consider it borderline backyard friendly. I do consider my .25 fixed shroud barrel backyard friendly with 2 extra cups. 
If you drop the power, the sound significantly lowers as well. 

"sharroff"Jack,

Unless you are certain on the Impact as the platform I'd really consider a RAW 25.
I like the Impact platform. Interchangeable barrels, adjustable power. I did enjoy the Impact that I had "when it was working". The .22 telescopic shroud was still not to backyard friendly for me. I didn't shoot the .25 or .30 much since they both had telescopic shroud on them.