• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Help identifying an animal

Hey guys...my buddy Monkeyshine had his camera up and this animal was captured in the pic. Any help identifying it would be awesome. We thought it was a mink, but there are no rivers or lakes nearby. 
1539734004_18279549475bc679f4bc9b29.33908928_10100024.jpg

I live in western NC at the foothills. Yes longtailed weasel Glem, your link matches his color perfectly. Thanks for the rebuttal. Pic is from one of my many night soldiers that never sleep. ( Bushnell E3 and aggressor trail cams). That night that camera had a rabbit, opossum, coyote, skunk,weasel and fox. Guess the coon decided to go elsewhere.

Guys I have had several close encounters with both weasels and fishers....and I don't think it is either. I don't know where the picture was taken but it might be a pine martin...they are another member of the weasel family that really creep you out when they sneak up behind you. The animal looks to big to be a weasel and much to small to be a Fisher... plus fishers are all black with a somewhat bushy tail.

I live in western NC at the foothills. Yes longtailed weasel Glem, your link matches his color perfectly. Thanks for the rebuttal. Pic is from one of my many night soldiers that never sleep. ( Bushnell E3 and aggressor trail cams). That night that camera had a rabbit, opossum, coyote, skunk,weasel and fox. Guess the coon decided to go elsewhere.

How big are those bushes behind it? Without scale it's tough to say a weasel. The body on a weasel is a foot long, if that Bush behind it is small it could be a weasel but not knowing the scale hard to tell. 

Hey guys...my buddy Monkeyshine had his camera up and this animal was captured in the pic. Any help identifying it would be awesome. We thought it was a mink, but there are no rivers or lakes nearby. 
1539734004_18279549475bc679f4bc9b29.33908928_10100024.jpg

That my friend is a mink.. Probably a male traveling through the area. I believe they can roam well over 20 miles. I've came across quite a few my self. In fact I've shot a couple roaming around my chicken coop!