• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HELP --- I damaged my external regulator

UGH... I have an Airhog guppy bottle that I almost never use cuz it leaks and I'm having trouble figuring out where. I get no bubbles from soap but yet it looses a lot of air after sitting. Anyway, I loaded it up to 4500 psi, attached my external regulator and spent some time shooting my RedWolf. As I was packing up, I somehow zigged when I should have zagged and I dropped the bottle and regulator onto the concrete. As a result, I bent the bolt that connects the regulator adjustment knob to the body of the regulator... see pics.
1716601121195.png
1716601134630.png
1716601156976.png

If this is the only damage then I got lucky!!

Anyone know where to find this bolt? You can see how bent it is in the first picture. The last picture shows how crooked the knob is now. I'm not sure if there's an affective method to straighten it. There's no name on the reg. I bought it used about 2 yrs ago from someone who was getting out of airgunning. It was definitely an "oh poop" moment as I watched it hit the concrete. Definitely gave me a scare. Dropping anything with this much pressure can be catastrophic. Bad end to a good day of shooting :(

that looks like just a brass fine threaded bolt. why cant you go to the hardware store and buy a bolt that length or longer preferable, and cut it to size, and it appears the outside knob just sits on the end of the bolt and has a allen screw that grabs the piece sticking out so you can increase decrease pressure. Drill a detend into the bolt shaft like the old one, with a drill. I would blue loctite the grabbing allen screw in. . As long as you didnt damage anything internally it should be all good.....BC

PS...theres no way to straighten that bolt without chewing up the threads, no matter how hard you try in the bench vise with a hammer.

Thanks @BC. Your observations are right on. So yeah, I'll stop by the local hardware store and see if they can match the bolt. The allen holding the bolt was super tight. I had to use a ratcheting screw gun to get it to loosen up. I couldn't budge it with just an allen key. I didn't notice but I assumed there was loctite since it was so hard to break loose. So, yeah, in hindsight, your solution sounds so simple and obvious haha Thanks for talking me down.
I'm surprised the knob didn't break since the impact was hard enough to bend the bolt.
Thanks again. Appreciate your reply!!

Reactions: BC
UGH... I have an Airhog guppy bottle that I almost never use cuz it leaks and I'm having trouble figuring out where. I get no bubbles from soap but yet it looses a lot of air after sitting. Anyway, I loaded it up to 4500 psi, attached my external regulator and spent some time shooting my RedWolf. As I was packing up, I somehow zigged when I should have zagged and I dropped the bottle and regulator onto the concrete. As a result, I bent the bolt that connects the regulator adjustment knob to the body of the regulator... see pics.
View attachment 467144View attachment 467145View attachment 467147
If this is the only damage then I got lucky!!

Anyone know where to find this bolt? You can see how bent it is in the first picture. The last picture shows how crooked the knob is now. I'm not sure if there's an affective method to straighten it. There's no name on the reg. I bought it used about 2 yrs ago from someone who was getting out of airgunning. It was definitely an "oh poop" moment as I watched it hit the concrete. Definitely gave me a scare. Dropping anything with this much pressure can be catastrophic. Bad end to a good day of shooting :(
Yes that is Aqua Environment probably 1575-6000....Call them I'm sure they will sell any part in that regulator...I'm sure your not the first person to damage a regulator... Aqua Environment is who makes that external regulator... Its not a airgun thing...More SCBA...

17166413614368791900752804028971.jpg

Aqua Environment is who makes that external regulator
Awesome!! Thanks for that information. I'll reach out to them.

I bought a bunch of stuff from someone getting out of the sport a couple years ago. Tanks, targets, ammo, scopes, etc. This regulator was in the mix and it's one of my favorite and most used accessories.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Awesome!! Thanks for that information. I'll reach out to them.

I bought a bunch of stuff from someone getting out of the sport a couple years ago. Tanks, targets, ammo, scopes, etc. This regulator was in the mix and it's one of my favorite and most used accessories.
That's the best regulator for airgun s...There nice and helpful if you call them..

Reactions: scottg0814
Yes that is Aqua Environment probably 1575-6000....Call them I'm sure they will sell any part in that regulator...I'm sure your not the first person to damage a regulator... Aqua Environment is who makes that external regulator... Its not a airgun thing...More SCBA...

View attachment 467191
That's what I was going to suggest except go to a welding supply store. It looks pretty much like a standard pressure adjustment knob used in gas welding regs.

Reactions: scottg0814
In a pinch you could use a set screw. Instead of the knob you would need an allen wrench.
I don’t recall if the adjusting screw is 3/8-24 or 7/16-20. Both should be available at one of the big box stores.

View attachment 467295
Went to my local hardware store but all he had in a 3/8-24 bolt was a Grade 8. Didn't want to mess with working with a bolt that hard. I'll check with the big box store next to see what they have to offer.
go to a welding supply store
That's a great idea too!!

Ultimately, I hope to find a brass replacement.

I went to my local Home Depot, found a zinc bolt, cut it down and is working fine as a temporary fix.
@RM.510bigbore I called Aqua Environmental and they generously sent me a new brass stem at no cost. Should arrive in a few days. Awesome!

Many thanks to everyone and your suggestions. Very much appreciated 👍