• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW Rapid Help getting accuracy out of a .22cal RAW HM1000x

I bought a .22cal RAW HM1000x about 6 months ago. Martin said it was tuned to shoot JSB 18gr at speeds around 970-980 fps. However, I found the rifle wasn't accurate as received. Also, I bought it with 2 barrels - a 20" and a 22".

Over the past 6 months, I've tried various Air Arms, H&N, JSB, Daystate and other pellets at energies between 30 - 45 foot pounds. I've tried different regulator settings, different hammer springs, and an SSG. I've shot from a bipod, from sandbags, and from a rest. The average accuracy is 1 - 2" groups at 25 yards. 50yd groups are all over the place. In no case could I get even close to 1/4" groups at 25 yards which would be my minimum standard. For reference, my .177cal RAW will shoot 1/8" groups at 25 yards with several different pellets and 1/2" groups at 50 yards. After giving up on pellets, I tried shooting slugs from ZAN, FX, and JSB at various speeds, but the accuracy was worse. I just received some NSA slugs tonight that I will try this weekend, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope

My conclusion is that both barrels are bad. I've been talking with Martin the whole time, trying different ideas that he had, but nothing has worked so far. He recently said that the .22cal barrels have not been very accurate the past few years, and that he has gotten a lot of them back. I'm likely going to be sending these back to him too, but I want to make sure Ive exhausted all of my options first.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
It's hard to believe Martin would Personally tune/sell a .22 caliber gun shooting 18 grain JSB's with an accuracy of 1"-2" groups at 25 yardso_O.

In the past, my Hatsan Springers could have done better than that ............................

- This doesn't make sense = something is terribly wrong with your gun. I'd demand a replacement or my $$$ back:mad:.
The .22/.25 LW barrels I've purchased directly from LW and fitted to my RAW can do MOA at 50/100 yards if shot correctly ...........

Reactions: mubhaur
Hey Green,
Simple Test:
(Maybe already done), but on the same gun .... take a .177 or .25 pellet probe and .177 or .25 barrel to see if it shoots good groups at 50 yards.

If yes:), send the barrel back to Martin for another or your money back!
If you get the same results or close to it :(-> something else is wrong ........................

Guaranteed Martin/Sandra @ Airguns USA don't want their good names dragged through the mud and will do whatever you want ....
I don't know why they wouldn't:unsure:.

Reactions: mubhaur and rsfrid