• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Help, FX Maverick won't fire

Hi, I am at my wits end here!

So, I decided to fine tune the hammer spring; turned power wheel to the adjusment aperture (uncocked gun), gave it one CC turn - forgot to turn the power back to 7, cocked & fired. Surpised at the (obviously) abysmal result, I repeated once more before I realized my mistake. So, after two shots in the adjustment position, I finally returned back to setting 7, and tried to fire - nada. The trigger is dead; i.e. I squeeze, nothing happens, i feel it bottom out & spring back a bit when I release it, but hammer does clearly not get released.
I even - with a heavy heart, since the gun was cocked - turned the wheel back to the adjustment position & then the adjustment screw to the original setting; didn't change the situation one iota. Nor did trying to operate the rear end of the trigger assembly directly.
So now I have a cocked gun with no idea how to depressurize the plenum, nor how to proceed from there. Can I carefully open the second reg adjustment screw & bleed the pressure that way, or will the screw just pop out at full pressure and kill someone??
Any help/advice/thought is greatly appreciated! Am on my vacation, planned to do a lot of tuning and test firing all week long, really bummed out right now!

I would unscrew the bottle and slowly turn the plenum gauge to depressurize first and foremost (this is how I have always depressurized my Mav). Beyond that, you'll have to try and avoid destroying your valve by preventing it from dry firing as you have the chassis removed to get at it from the trigger assembly to uncock it. That lever needs to stay back while you're doing this, but it also needs to be able to give way once you get the sear to release the hammer.

@ mntGhost: I'll have to call you Mr. Holmes, as the pressure gauge depressurizing is such an obvious step I'll havbe to concede it is practically obvius (read "elementary"). However, for some reason it is not mentioned anywhere in the official manual/video guides, nor anywhere in the unofficial ones - at least so far as I have seen.
Anyway, great help - got it depressurized, now the hammer functions correctly; beyond that, will have to wait until tomorrow. Just elated I got the main catch "uncatched"!

@Tobbe77: Yeah, tried that almost straight away, to no avail, but thx for the tip nevertheless :)

Reactions: mtnGhost
So, update time:
Don't have a definite diagnose, or an entirely satisfying answer to the exact mechanics of what got stuck on what, but the root cause seems to me have been a fine adjusment screw turned way too far out by the manufacturer, and my
According to this video by Airguns of Michigan, the fine adjustment screw should not be turned out much more than 6 mm; measured today, and mine was at 6.9 mm -that's after returning to original factory settings. My adjustment yesterday must have landed me at about 7.5 mm... Soo, a word of warning!

Also, a tale of stupidity for general amusement:

After I got the trigger/hammer action working again, backed down the screw to 6 mm, repressurized the rifle and tried a test shot - bam, the same problem again! Trigger felt exacly the same spongy, irresponsive way.

Was already sat at the computer about to cry my heart out on here, when I realized the sad, sad truth:

I 'd left the safety on.

So, for this day, I bestow upon myself the honorary title of Supreme Idiot!

@elh0102: Yeah, thanks, but I really don't think they care about techsupporting some Eurotrash, and FX Sweden is much nearer to my location anyway! ;)

@Tobbe77: Hello to Gävle från en f.d. Stockholmare!

To follow up - I made an oopsie again, see this thread:

Call FX USA and try to get one of the techs. FX is a good news/bad news story regarding support. It's better than most, and you're probably going to need it!
FX USA simply SUCK when it comes to their "customer service"... So yeah, mine is a "bad news" story and I won't get it to it here. But, with three FX guns now, FX USA didn't stand behind their warranty (and these were warranty issues, and the dealer was scratching their heads too and took the Maverick back I purchase. Two Maverick's outta the box that were not right) and the last go around, well I'm still waiting on a call back from them... It's been two months.