• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Help! 😵‍💫 — FX Chronograph does not link over bluetooth (the discontinued model)

Help! 😵‍💫
FX Chronograph does not link over bluetooth

(the discontinued model)

It worked when I bought it.
Now it doesn't.
I went through the hassle to get lithium batteries from the US.
No joy.
Reinstalled the app.
Gave it all the invasive permissions that FX demands, no exceptions.

No joy.

● Is there a trick?
● Do I send it to FX? (to get the new chrono as replacement...! 😉 I wish!)
● Do I set it up on a log and shoot at it with my heaviest projectiles at full power?

Thanks for any insights. 🤝🏼

Matthias

Yupp, StarlingKiller, all permissions on, both the blue tooth and the white tooth are brushed. The green light on the chrony is on.

I selected the following device:
"FX Pocket Chronograph MkII"

(There is also a "FX Pocket Chronograph V2". That nomenclature doesn’t confuse the users at all! — I think the FX marketing guys that are in charge of giving names to FX products got tired — after they landed coups like PowerPlenum.)

And I get the following screen:

Chronies.   FX Pocket Chronograph.  Search Device.  Screenshot.jpg

Matthias!
Is your "Auto Reconnect" on? If you had it open and closed it, usually it's still in the background, or open apps screen. You need to close it out from the background by swiping it closed or "Close All" on that screen. It doesn't work very well launching it from the open apps screen after closed initially. It needs to close completely out before restarting again.

i see you have the updated app.
i havent updated mine.

if youre running the first version of the fx chrono (also what i have)
why select mkII?

soon as you turn on the chrony it should recognize it.

thats why i enable the location and bluetooth,
then start the app,
then turn the chrony on,
never fails to recognize it.

Last edited:
● Yes, I do Android — I have not bitten into that apple....! 😆

● I did another reinstall of the app. Then went and enable all the permissions — including bluetooth and location — before starting the app.

● The app, when first started, takes me through several screens with instructions — including one where I have to select which device I want to connect to the app. This screen is an obligatory selection, no bypassing it.

● The Android list of bluetooth devices connected and/or paired does not show the chrony.
But I do remember that some devices are like that, they use their own app's pairing screen instead of the Android bluetooth screen — and subsequently do not show up as connected on the Android bluetooth list.

● I have gone through each and every menu possible, and enable each and every item.

➠ Still no joy.
The same sad message I showed above in the screenshot.... 😞

Matthias

Also, when I was re reading this post a memory kicked in :) hapenes not very often lately with my goldfish brain...lasts 30 second and dark...
The Bluetooth channel accepts only one device at a time. The BLE is different, it can read multiple sources.
Next, the Android. One Bluetooth channel active with one app in a same time.
How I know that?
I am using my Samsung Tablet-A at my gun range.
FX radar app
Strelok Pro app
Wind indicator Weather Meter app
But the tablet Bluetooth channel can handle only one at a time. If I was connected to radar and want to switch to the other app...I need to tell the app to reinitiate=reconnect to BT.
You shall check you maybe have any other app that auto connects...your watch or headphones or your car or TV?

I'm serious with getting this FX chrony to work!

● I left the house on foot so I was nowhere near any of my other bluetooth devices.

● I reinstalled the app.

● I restarted the phone.

● I tried different orders of starting app, bluetooth, and the FX chrony.

● I rubbed it's belly with beer.

● I chanted incantations — while shining a blue light on my tooth.

■ Still, no joy.

All I'm missing is to try HogKiller's suggestion (previous post)....
(HogKiller might need a new screen name after provoking me to kill my chrony!)

Matthias

PS:
So, will FX fix my chrony?
Where do I send it?

I'm serious with getting this FX chrony to work!

● I left the house on foot so I was nowhere near any of my other bluetooth devices.

● I reinstalled the app.

● I restarted the phone.

● I tried different orders of starting app, bluetooth, and the FX chrony.

● I rubbed it's belly with beer.

● I chanted incantations — while shining a blue light on my tooth.

■ Still, no joy.

All I'm missing is to try HogKiller's suggestion (previous post)....
(HogKiller might need a new screen name after provoking me to kill my chrony!)

Matthias

PS:
So, will FX fix my chrony?
Where do I send it?
You screwed up with the 🍻. Lol you never offered it any and now it's even more pissed off.