help for gamo 880

I am new to posting to the forum but have been reading lots of posts for the last year. I have a gamo 880 that was shooying very good then started to shooting bad. I proved it was the scope so asked for a new one for xmas. Santa was good and I got one. I sighted it in and and had it shooting really good for a week. today I shot the first shot at the bullseye and it was there then the second was in the same hole the third was low right the fourth was low more right. I didn't want to resight. The reason being I had taken it apart to lube and found the piston seal is broken, has a small v shaped piece broken off.
​My question is Will broken or worn seals reduce accuracy? miatamama

+1

Yes....you are not going to get that to shoot straight with a bad seal. The 880 is an older rifle, and a GREAT rifle....While you are getting that part I would take the time to give your gun a once over, even if your spring looks good I would replace it....this rifle is going on 20 years old. Anything that is a wear item I would do.....you are in there you might as well

Oh...forgot one thing that spring is not to be taken lightly....it can kill....there is massive energy in that spring....if you don't know what you are doing and want to learn BUY a spring compressor, and watch videos and read some articles....you can kill yourself with this spring.

Side note years ago I worked a call where a 14 year old kid cracked his skull trying to take apart a spring rifle....it was a Ruger IIRC....kid lived but it was sure a fright for the family.

fpgt72 I am aware of the power of the spring. Fortunatly I have an old shopsmith and the drill press part still works great for compressing springs. From the sound of the pellet striking the trap it still sounds to be hitting hard. that is why I asked if the seal would hurt the accuracy before I buy parts. Thanks for the info. As to watching videos I don't put much credence in them. Most start out good then you see that the people doing them really don't know what they are doing, seems to me they just like to post videos. You have to stick with the ones that are done by the airgun stores and the company sponsored reviewers. Only an opinion. I have to find where to order parts now. JCS