• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Help finding .22 695 fps air rifle

FOID card lol dumb auto correct
not sure what FOID card is.. there should be a lot of different options for you, pump up Benjamin, and several different spring guns.. might be a better help if I understand what you mean and also if you need that fps or is higher ok.. since spring guns can easily be higher than that.. also what is your budget?
gamo, and Diana should have something as far as spring guns, Benjamin and the dragon fly.. and I think Seneca Aspen are all pump up.. I'm assuming with the low fps you are not looking for a PCP, otherwise probably the next cheapest is the umarex notos and it's quiet but it's also 780 fps..
Mark

not sure what FOID card is.. there should be a lot of different options for you, pump up Benjamin, and several different spring guns.. might be a better help if I understand what you mean and also if you need that fps or is higher ok.. since spring guns can easily be higher than that.. also what is your budget?
gamo, and Diana should have something as far as spring guns, Benjamin and the dragon fly.. and I think Seneca Aspen are all pump up.. I'm assuming with the low fps you are not looking for a PCP, otherwise probably the next cheapest is the umarex notos and it's quiet but it's also 780 fps..
Mark
Fire arm identification card is called foid card in Illinois. I am looking for break barrel or co2 22 air rifle or between 600 to 695 for hunting squirrel and rabbit I'm just kinda lost looking through all the different types don't want a pump and most rifles I see are at least 1000 fps

Reactions: markhooper
HW50. Will be right at or just over 600fps with most lighter .22 ammo. 14-16gr. With H&N GTO 11.75gr will be up at or just over 700fps
PSX_20200130_142716.jpg

Fire arm identification card is called foid card in Illinois. I am looking for break barrel or co2 22 air rifle or between 600 to 695 for hunting squirrel and rabbit I'm just kinda lost looking through all the different types don't want a pump and most rifles I see are at least 1000 fps
oh I didn't know that airguns were regulated in America but what else is new..
so now I understand what you want..
I have not looked at specs, but I really liked the Diana 48 side lever 22 I had.. but I think it is over the limit.. so I'd check out the Diana 34 break barrel.. I had a 177 but it went 1000 fps so possibly a 22 would be closer? personally I'd stay away from gas ram guns and go with spring break barrel.. another one you can check is gamo.. they are inexpensive and fair.. I actually have a gamo varmint shotgun 22 smooth bore, shoots pellets with a brass adapter and it has shot shells.. it shoots pellets I think around 700 but if you ran jsb redesigned heavy it would definitely be under the limit.. I use the shot shells for snake and it's small shot, but I save the empty shells and use a piece of potatoe starch packing peanuts to plug one end and then tamp down with a rod.. add 3-5 BB and follow with another piece of peanut and tamp down.. you won't miss at short distance with that.. all that being said, it's a smooth bore so no rifling for pellets and no open sights.. but I can hit my 3" 30 yard spinner every time with pellets..
last suggestion is a bit harder.. but go to pyramid air and select rifle, select spring power, select 22, select fps.. that will narrow the search.. then if you have questions about a certain one.. feel free to ask.. it's why we are all here, to learn and to help others..
hopefully this helps you some..
I still can't believe in America, you shouldn't need anything more than 18 years old for airguns.. kind of got me upset hearing about this..so are airguns over that limit considered firearms? if you were just saying to get a gun over 700 fps, even though if you run jsb redesigned heavy and it would then be under the limit..could you buy it as long as you shoot under the limit or is it the manufacturer rating?? for instance gamo and another one rates theirs higher because they shoot lead free pellets and they are lightweight..but standard or heavy pellets are much lighter..getting worse every day.. myself because of new laws that are held up in court, I'm good enough to have a concield carry license and but gun sales are backlog almost a month and if I want to buy something, well it's a month wait with the concield carry license or without for the (instant background check) and if the law happens to get out of court before it's done, well then I have to wait longer until they get a class approved and set up . take the class that doesn't exist and then get a license that doesn't exist.. a year ago I could walk in and since I have the concield carry license, it would take me longer to fill out the paperwork than the background check.. the dealer was literally waiting for the paperwork to get filled out and get paid since he started the check when I decided to buy..
our freedom is fleeting..
I'm now only buying airguns since I don't know what is next.. I used to work for a company transport money and my carry weapon is now illegal to take anywhere off the property, except for limited things, definitely not self defense.. just because it apparently holds 12 and that's so much more dangerous than 10.. course with carpal tunnel I can only get 9 in them.. and black powder guns here are considered firearms in Oregon.. if loaded 🤣
I don't even want to know if the 21 round magazine for the hatsan blitz air gun is legal or not... times are changing and best we can do is to try to follow the rules and stay out of trouble.
Mark

Reactions: BluegrassBill2020
so I just reread what you said.. you are in Illinois USA? and airguns over say 700 fps are considered firearms?? I can't wrap my head around that.. I still thought Illinois was part of the USA.. 🤔🤔🤔😥
we have been running out of freedom for awhile now.. didn't think we were that far gone..
Mark

oh I didn't know that airguns were regulated in America but what else is new..
so now I understand what you want..
I have not looked at specs, but I really liked the Diana 48 side lever 22 I had.. but I think it is over the limit.. so I'd check out the Diana 34 break barrel.. I had a 177 but it went 1000 fps so possibly a 22 would be closer? personally I'd stay away from gas ram guns and go with spring break barrel.. another one you can check is gamo.. they are inexpensive and fair.. I actually have a gamo varmint shotgun 22 smooth bore, shoots pellets with a brass adapter and it has shot shells.. it shoots pellets I think around 700 but if you ran jsb redesigned heavy it would definitely be under the limit.. I use the shot shells for snake and it's small shot, but I save the empty shells and use a piece of potatoe starch packing peanuts to plug one end and then tamp down with a rod.. add 3-5 BB and follow with another piece of peanut and tamp down.. you won't miss at short distance with that.. all that being said, it's a smooth bore so no rifling for pellets and no open sights.. but I can hit my 3" 30 yard spinner every time with pellets..
last suggestion is a bit harder.. but go to pyramid air and select rifle, select spring power, select 22, select fps.. that will narrow the search.. then if you have questions about a certain one.. feel free to ask.. it's why we are all here, to learn and to help others..
hopefully this helps you some..
I still can't believe in America, you shouldn't need anything more than 18 years old for airguns.. kind of got me upset hearing about this..so are airguns over that limit considered firearms? if you were just saying to get a gun over 700 fps, even though if you run jsb redesigned heavy and it would then be under the limit..could you buy it as long as you shoot under the limit or is it the manufacturer rating?? for instance gamo and another one rates theirs higher because they shoot lead free pellets and they are lightweight..but standard or heavy pellets are much lighter..getting worse every day.. myself because of new laws that are held up in court, I'm good enough to have a concield carry license and but gun sales are backlog almost a month and if I want to buy something, well it's a month wait with the concield carry license or without for the (instant background check) and if the law happens to get out of court before it's done, well then I have to wait longer until they get a class approved and set up . take the class that doesn't exist and then get a license that doesn't exist.. a year ago I could walk in and since I have the concield carry license, it would take me longer to fill out the paperwork than the background check.. the dealer was literally waiting for the paperwork to get filled out and get paid since he started the check when I decided to buy..
our freedom is fleeting..
I'm now only buying airguns since I don't know what is next.. I used to work for a company transport money and my carry weapon is now illegal to take anywhere off the property, except for limited things, definitely not self defense.. just because it apparently holds 12 and that's so much more dangerous than 10.. course with carpal tunnel I can only get 9 in them.. and black powder guns here are considered firearms in Oregon.. if loaded 🤣
I don't even want to know if the 21 round magazine for the hatsan blitz air gun is legal or not... times are changing and best we can do is to try to follow the rules and stay out of trouble.
Mark
Thanks for the reply it helps and yes anything that is 700 fps or higher by manufacturers specs is considered a firearm now in Illinois

hw65, hw98, hw80, aa tx299, Gamo viper Express varmet shotgun, Beeman R9 elete combo, Beeman R9, air arms TX200 mklll,
I just did a quick search and it's what I found at pyramid air.
Mark View attachment 384769

View attachment 384770

View attachment 384771
so I picked 700 and less I think.. but it gives you a idea.. hopefully it helps..
pretty much any CO2 guns would probably be under 700 fps in 22 and a lot are probably under that in even 177.
if you want to look, just select rifles, CO2, and 22 caliber..
mark

Reactions: markhooper
Checking your state laws it looks like you are restricted to .180" projectile (basically .177) as well. May want to double check.
what? caliber restricted too?? ugg.. if that's the case, he will be stuck with CO2 unless he wants to spend for a PCP and compressor.. if so I'd recommend Wes at airgun archery fun in Canada.. they are restricted to 500 fps so even a small air tube he will get a lot of shots..
myself I have not tried a hand pump to fill.. but I am happy with the Omega trail charger I got from airguns of Arizona..
Mark

Yes you are cal restricted in the state of Illinois. .177 only, after that it’s a foid card you need.
Illinois and NJ are Bastard states for airguns. Then you have city’s and suburbs that restrict totally like Chicago and Philadelphia.
Being an Airgun dealer on the east side of Pennsylvania I deal with customers from NJ a lot.

Reactions: maxtrouble
Yes you are cal restricted in the state of Illinois. .177 only, after that it’s a foid card you need.
Illinois and NJ are Bastard states for airguns. Then you have city’s and suburbs that restrict totally like Chicago and Philadelphia.
Boston tea party and all that comes with it will be here soon

Reactions: Mycapt65