• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Help Deciphering the numbers stamped on a PCP tank ???

Trying to make sense of what all these numbers mean. I'm sure it's a 500cc tank. The 375 bar refers to what, working pressure, maximum pressure ? Does the 5.00 mm refer to the tank thickness ? I guess what I really want to know is what is the maximum pressure I can fill this up to ? Thanks

IMG_20230511_185408656.jpg

IMG_20230511_185400709.jpg

IMG_20230511_185350433.jpg

IMG_20230511_185339108.jpg

IMG_20230511_185329341.jpg

IMG_20230511_185307963.jpg

The link to LUXFER helps for sure, But can just from general bottle knowledge state this ...

6061-T6 MATERIAL BOTTLE MADE WITH
M-18x1.5 NECK I.D. THREADING
5mm BOTTLES WALL THICKNESS
.80kg BOTTLES WEIGHT
.5L BOTTLES VOLUME
250WP MAX WORKING PRESSURE
375PH HYDRO TEST PRESSURE
2004/08 MANUFACTURED YEAR & MONTH * EDIT this stamp done at time of certification, not manufacture

Last edited:
Reactions: Airgunmann
Probably manufacrured in August 2004. Without a history of knowing how many times it has been filled, and being 19 years old, I'd replace it. You could be fine for years, but for me I'd rather spend some cash and start fresh and safe.

Could also stay way below PW, as I said before he has a 3k burst disc so I imagine its still plenty safe at that pressure, I'd keep it in service personally if the inside showed zero sign of corrosion.

Thanks for the helpful info. Makes sense now. So the max pressure I should fill this up to is 3600 psi.
Do these tanks have an expiration date? I see 1975, 2004/08, does that mean this tank expired in 2008 and should not be used ? Don't want this thing blowing up on me.
Max 3600psi, not with a 3000psi burst disk.
Tanks do have an expiration date, at least most do. Tank was probably made in 2004 and requires a pressure test every 4 years, with a max of recerts.
If I were in your shoes I wouldnt even think twice about replacing it. They are less than $100, a lot cheaper than facial reconstruction surgery.

5.00 is the number of minutes it will take you to die after explosion if you go over the number of bar shown as max pressure supported.
I think it aughta be quicker than that, if 4000 psi exploded not just the valve threads sheared off an say tank went like a rocket no im talkin blow up like BOOOOM that wont even ring your ears it a knock you out so fast like 5 minutes what did you get immobilized by the blast an bleed out? or what I think the shock of a bottle busting anywhere near 4000 psi I dont even wanna know it would be like an artillary round flew into your room thru the window an blew it up instant death. You ever fill a bottle with baking soda an vinegar those dont get over 300 psi an the plastic gets deformed so bad it splits sometimes into multiple deformed pieces I can only imagine 4000+ psi aliminum carbon fiber bottle BOOOOMMM you wont even hear it if your close to it while it explodes

Reactions: Emu
I think it aughta be quicker than that, if 4000 psi exploded not just the valve threads sheared off an say tank went like a rocket no im talkin blow up like BOOOOM that wont even ring your ears it a knock you out so fast like 5 minutes what did you get immobilized by the blast an bleed out? or what I think the shock of a bottle busting anywhere near 4000 psi I dont even wanna know it would be like an artillary round flew into your room thru the window an blew it up instant death. You ever fill a bottle with baking soda an vinegar those dont get over 300 psi an the plastic gets deformed so bad it splits sometimes into multiple deformed pieces I can only imagine 4000+ psi aliminum carbon fiber bottle BOOOOMMM you wont even hear it if your close to it while it explodes
Depending of how it exploits, I think could nothing happen or a rocket can be expelled ..... Imdo not want to testify!

Depending of how it exploits, I think could nothing happen or a rocket can be expelled ..... Imdo not want to testify!
Once u get above 4000 it starts getting really high pressure you even can feel it as your running the yong heng you gotta snug the bleed screw with a bit of effort for me at least for it to not his when I bleed a bit of moisture up around 4100 or so, Compared to as 3000 psi it dont feel nearly as stiff, Just going up 1 more psi makes it have so much more stored energy. I really doubt these tanks will blow if your running good dry clean air thru em, I remember theres vid I saw where one of these bottles went to like 13,000 psi before it burst, And to my knowledge I believe it only maintained half the carbon fiber wrap of what an original bottle gets an that went at 13000 so I could imagine the one with fully wrapped like the ones we buy testing around 20000+ psi before blowing so we should be safe, Im running dry air so it aint a worry buying chinese bottles, I wouldnt get it the game I dont think If I had to buy a full price dot bottle from the us they run a bit too much I think for most people to dive in unless they really want to shoot like I do its gonna take a good bit of startup cost airguns are an investment the power source at least you have it for a while, 6.8 liter dot tanks from acecare the cheapest seller I found for dot tanks 439 with shipping to the door, I paid 297 for my tuxing 6.8 liter so its not too far off but considerable as well as the valve ran me 56 so total $353, As well as my 3 liter ran me only 160 from acecare 56 for valve $216 and funny enough my yong heng cost 216 with 3 year plan from walmart all this cost an I didnt even Buy a gun yet or pellets or scope or anything accesory wise mags adjustments whatever etc. I just saw garand thumb upload a video about airguns only 1 day old 700 k views should get a lot of people contimplating getting in the game, Folks will start looking at the cost factor an what not I hope with the added traction to the airgun world does not reflect added traction from the Alphabet org as well, That would be sad if one day if we started getting power limits. More an more rights goin bye bye.