• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Help deciding on a pcp.

...AA 510 Carbine...if I don't have to spend all $2000...or buy bullpup...

PY-2497_Air-Arms-S510-Xtra_1557327898.jpg

No love any more for the Pulsar? Is it too 'old' a design? I've got 2 of them - HP in .177 and standard power in .22. And thanks to AOA's 'pre-owned' drop this week, Pulsar #3 (HP in .25 cal) will be heading my way very soon. Pretty incredible 'pups in my experience - reliable, pellet-on-pellet accuracy, lots of shots for a smaller air reservoir, best trigger I have ever used in a bullpup, and it is so convenient to be able to be able adjust power levels so easily in the field using the in-built electronics. But yes, as everyone knows, they are pretty heavy.

But another one I would look at would be the Uragan. Regular length, or mini if you want to go really compact. Tons of shots per fill, accurate and built like tanks.

I’d wait to see what both Kalibrgun and Taipan bring out next/soon. If can’t wait, I’d get a Veteran or a Cricket.

Why? Fits your budget, fits your description, very reliable, accurate, solid build guns with excellent reputation. Wide range of power level for the given power by just adjusting the hammer spring without sacrificing accuracy due to finicky Harmonic Tuning requirements & flimsy barrel systems. 

A few good quality guns on the market now that are both accurate and reliable. Here is a basic list of a few of my picks for that price range:

• Airgun Technology Uragan Compact that has a length of just over 24" with very good construction and overall ergonomics. Airgun Technology Uragan Compact Synthetic .22: Airguns of Arizona
  • Taipan Veteran Compact that is a simple and proven reliable design with fantastic trigger and 20moa rail. I would get some advice on what dealer to go with as some have very poor customer support.
  • Edgun Matador R5M standard is short, quiet and has a very good trigger. The cocking is somewhat clunky but very ergonomic in a variety of shooting positions.EDgun Matador R5M Standard (edgunwest.com)
  • Edgun Leshiy Classic would be another to look at, about the shortest gun you can find and very well built and reliable. You can find decent deals on used ones now that the Gen2 is out. EDgun Leshiy Classic (edgunwest.com)
  • Brocock Sniper XR is a semi bullpup design, very well made and durable. Heavier than some of the other guns but one that will be a workhorse under heavy use.Brocock Sniper XR .22 Laminate: Airguns of Arizona

These are just a few ideas, if going with a compact I would NOT recommend going into the .25 calibers as none will really make enough power.