• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HELP! Crosman 1377 impossible to pump

My old (1980s with rear cocking handle and slide cover breech) 1377 wasn't pressurizing when pumping so I replaced the piston cup and valve with new ones from Crosman. I believe that I have the valve positioned correctly; threaded hole of the valve lined up with the smaller hole of the tube. Once reassembled, it is impossible to pump. There is so much resistance, I can only get the pumping handle down about 2/3 of the way and I fear I will break something if I try to force it down. What could possibly be wrong. Thanks in advance

I would take apart the linkage again and make sure it's in the correct position. I don't have one of those older ones so I can't be sure but maybe it's upside down? I haven't actually ever heard of this happening before but that's all that came to mind. Have you tried clocking and pulling the trigger to knock anything loose in the valve? Just spit balling here Goodluck.