• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Help choosing a scope

On another forum the
Athlon Ares BTR G2 4.5-27x50
was said to be selling at an all time low price —
$565.49 sale prices
at Walmart online and if you don't like it you have up to 90 days free returns and even return it to your local Walmart if you like.

Killer price for a very nice scope. (Wish it had a 10y parallax.)

Matthias

Reactions: MysticalDragon
On another forum the
Athlon Ares BTR G2 4.5-27x50
was said to be selling at an all time low price —
$565.49 sale prices
at Walmart online and if you don't like it you have up to 90 days free returns and even return it to your local Walmart if you like.

Killer price for a very nice scope. (Wish it had a 10y parallax.)

Matthias
Good price but the 25yard parallax is a killer for sure unless you are strictly doing longer range shooting with it.

OK... so I'm going to go heretical for a moment... I have a $300 air rifle, and I want to replace the $10 scope that came with it with something that has a mil-dot reticle so that I can compensate on the fly to axe some pesky varmints. I simply don't have the need for a $1k scope for my application, as I'm not a competitive shooter... but I do consider myself a competent shooter with my .30-06... so I understand how to shoot for hunting purposes.

Can anyone recommend a $150 or less scope that will hold up to a Gamo Swarm Magnum 10X GEN3i 22?

Reactions: .20calguy
OK... so I'm going to go heretical for a moment... I have a $300 air rifle, and I want to replace the $10 scope that came with it with something that has a mil-dot reticle so that I can compensate on the fly to axe some pesky varmints. I simply don't have the need for a $1k scope for my application, as I'm not a competitive shooter... but I do consider myself a competent shooter with my .30-06... so I understand how to shoot for hunting purposes.

Can anyone recommend a $150 or less scope that will hold up to a Gamo Swarm Magnum 10X GEN3i 22?
UTG 3-9x40AO and replace the factory mount with a UTG 1 piece

Reactions: Dairyboy
OK... so I'm going to go heretical for a moment... Can anyone recommend a $150 or less scope that will hold up to a Gamo Swarm Magnum 10X GEN3i 22?

Heretical? As long as you don't deny the Trinity or gravity... — bring it on! 😆

Research the following brands that offer springer-rated scopes:
▪ UTG! (great warranty, huge selection)
▪ Hawke! (some of their cheaper lines)
▪ Vector*
▪ Tasco
▪ Hammer
▪ Nikko

Happy scope shopping! 😊

Matthias

* Link to Vector's webpage of "airgun scopes" — that might mean "springer-rated", I haven't researched that.....:

Last edited:
I’m looking for a nice clear scope with a an illuminated reticle with a dot instead of a cross in the center. Minimum parallax of 10 yards preferably and a zero stop. It’s going to be used for target practice and pesting.

I have a Nexus that I got a decent price on used and I like the clarity and the reticle with the dot. If money was no issue I’d probably just get another new one but I’d like to stay under $1,000. Is there anything comparable in clarity and reticle with maybe a little higher magnification for less money? Thanks
All though beyond your budget by $500 ($1500) the Trijicon 5-50 and 5-50 Delta Striker are the best of the best and I have both, buy once cry once.
Both illuminate dots and cross hair
saber.jpg
CROWN W:EXTENDED BRIDGE copy.jpg

Reactions: Zach

Nikko Airking scopes are springer scopes.
I got mine at Optics Planet.it is a 3X9X44 I think, with adjustable Parallax/focus objective ring, and mil dot reticle, they call an HMD? Less than $100. I use it to shoot 30 yards and I can switch to the 75 yard targets with accuracy using the mildots.
Screenshot_20231006_092526_Gallery.jpg

I broke down and bought a UTG 3-9x32 1" BugBuster. Dismounted the Gamo scope and quickly discovered the UTG won't fit. I now have a UTG 1-piece scope mount on order. The stinker is I had a bigger scope, but the darned thing wouldn't clear the magazine assembly. Guess I'll know more tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice! @20calguy, I don't think that scope would clear my magazine assembly either... but that scope looks awesome. I'll post some details once I have the new scope mounted.

OK guys... I need your help. I bought this UTG 3-9x32 1" BugBuster scope, and I bought a UTG Accushot one-piece mount, 'cause the scope won't fit in my original Gamo scope mount. BUT... it won't fit in this UTG mount either!

Can anyone recommend a scope mount made for air rifles for this scope? Amazon's likely gonna suspend my "free returns" 'cause I'm returning so much stuff. Either that, or the scope has to go back... or both.

Starting to get frustrated with this... talk me off the ledge!

OK guys... I need your help. I bought this UTG 3-9x32 1" BugBuster scope, and I bought a UTG Accushot one-piece mount, 'cause the scope won't fit in my original Gamo scope mount. BUT... it won't fit in this UTG mount either!

Can anyone recommend a scope mount made for air rifles for this scope? Amazon's likely gonna suspend my "free returns" 'cause I'm returning so much stuff. Either that, or the scope has to go back... or both.

Maybe just a pair of scope rings, rather than a one piece mount?

The shorter scopes definitely need "custom" mounting solutions sometimes. I've used these Monstrom mounts successfully. They look weak the way they were designed to be light, but short of a super solid sideways pounding, they are good quality inexpensive units. Click on the https://www.amazon.com/Monstrum-Offset-Picatinny-Scope-Diameter/dp/B089QVYWDB for the link to them.

IMG_20230204_111439172_2~3.jpg

Reactions: MysticalDragon