Help choosing a scope

I’m looking for a nice clear scope with a an illuminated reticle with a dot instead of a cross in the center. Minimum parallax of 10 yards preferably and a zero stop. It’s going to be used for target practice and pesting.

I have a Nexus that I got a decent price on used and I like the clarity and the reticle with the dot. If money was no issue I’d probably just get another new one but I’d like to stay under $1,000. Is there anything comparable in clarity and reticle with maybe a little higher magnification for less money? Thanks

Reactions: oledawg
I recomend you try a dot on someone elses gun first. Forvtargets shooting they are OK, but any type hunting or pest control, they can be difficult to find the dot. Bought one a number of years back, only lasted a few weeks before I realized how useless they really were. Please try one before buying it..

Zach, Meopta Optika 6 3-18x50 FFP punch well above their asking point of 850 @ cameralandny, come with different reticles a couple with floating center dots. The Athlon Ares ETR 3-18x50 FFP is very nice also and camerlandny might give you a better price if you call sometimes (ask for Doug? I think his name is). You might research Tract Toric scopes too, very nice glass for the money. I have the Athlon Ares BTR 2.5-15x50 FFP on my RAW and they now do come with a reticle with a floating dot but other reticles too so check, very nice scope but the ETR above has better glass. Oh....the new Arken EPL 4-16x50 FFP has Japanese ED glass and floating center dot for under 500, folks like them a lot.

I keep recommending them, but it's just because I have been very impressed so far. The 5-30 Vector Optics Continental 34mm scope is unreal for the money. It is FFP, has a zero stop, popup rev counter, German Schott glass and focuses down to 10 yards. Everything you are looking for.
Under 1k too. There is a 30mm tube version for under 600 but I haven't used one myself yet.

I’m looking for a nice clear scope with a an illuminated reticle with a dot instead of a cross in the center. Minimum parallax of 10 yards preferably and a zero stop. It’s going to be used for target practice and pesting.

I have a Nexus that I got a decent price on used and I like the clarity and the reticle with the dot. If money was no issue I’d probably just get another new one but I’d like to stay under $1,000. Is there anything comparable in clarity and reticle with maybe a little higher magnification for less money? Thanks
Arken ELP, you can buy 2 and have money left for pellets/slugs.

Reactions: Zach
The Zerotech does not have a zero stop, the Arkens do not focus down to 10 yards. The Hawke is closer at 15 yards but if the intended use is FT, the 10-15 range becomes critical.
As best I can gather, the Vector Optics Continental is the only one I have seen that meets all of the OP's wishes at under 1k.
The Delta Stryker also meets all of the desires, has a wider range of 5-50 and is made in Japan. The caveat is that is breaks the budget at 1500 or more.

Just 2 cents.

Reactions: Moses888
The Zerotech does not have a zero stop, the Arkens do not focus down to 10 yards. The Hawke is closer at 15 yards but if the intended use is FT, the 10-15 range becomes critical.
As best I can gather, the Vector Optics Continental is the only one I have seen that meets all of the OP's wishes at under 1k.
The Delta Stryker also meets all of the desires, has a wider range of 5-50 and is made in Japan. The caveat is that is breaks the budget at 1500 or more.

Just 2 cents.
I appreciate it. The 10 yard parallax isn’t a deal breaker it would be nice but I target practice at my home range and do some pesting. Most of my shooting is 30 yards and over so I could live with a 25 yard parallax if everything else is right

Just 2 cents.
The ETR has all of that and I can't imagine the glass isn't just as good as the Element or better. Under a grand too. Normal price is exactly $1k but I've seen them on sale for under $900

Reactions: Ezana4CE

Is your target practice for better results pesting or do you shoot both target competitions and do pesting? As it would seem an SFP scope would be better for target while FFP would be better for hunting.

My Arken EPL4 6-24 has a dot reticle and illumination and it says it focuses down to 10 yards but at least with my diopter setting the 10 yard mark is focused at 12 yards, not 10. That is not unique to Arken, however. My Vector Sentinel 8-32 might be slightly better but it still won't focus at 10 yards like it is supposed to. My Athlon Talos 6-24 yards will focus at less than 10 yards, about 8 yards. The Talos is also SFP which I prefer. I can see the reticle at 6X. But it is not a dot reticle. The Arken and Athlon are both pretty clear, the Vector is less clear (despite more magnification).