• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Help choosing a liner for Corbin .22 slugs.

Hi guys,
I am in a slightly difficult position here so I'l like to ask for your experiences. See, the problem starts with me being in Argentina. Not a lot of access to FX products, limited supply and VERY, VERY expensive, besides the FX Rep has a "rep" that procedes him but that's not a topic I'd like to address now.
I was able to import a Corbin Press with a .22 Slug HP die in .217, all standard. I was able to buy a Wildcat BT with a 700mm STX Superior liner. The problem I am having is that the liner is well over the .217 caliber, I suspect .218 or .219 so I am in a pickle here because I have everything I need to be a happy shooter but the liner and slugs are not compatible. I have no access here to .218 slugs to trie out the liner.
I have been told that the old STX A or B liners (non Superior) worked really well with .217 slugs. Would you guys be kind enough to share these experiences?
Muchas gracias,

Lucas

You really have a problem..because you started backwards.. first you get the gun test slugs..pic the best size of slug working in your barrel .then you order the die needed.. problem been all barrels are slightly different n I don't think nobody could tell you..unless the person your are buying the liner takes the time to slug a few liners n sell you one that works in .217 ,or a member here, have one that he for sure knows worked with 217 slugs when he used it.. I have a Corbin press on order but .. I send him the slug sample of the ones that i need to exactly replicate so they could work in my guns..