Help. Can't fill PCP with handpump

The PCP I am trying to fill came empty and a a probe.

I ONLY have a hand-pump. I will not get any fill tanks or compressors, not at least now. Please keep the thread, not about buying a compressor because there are plenty of those already.

- I've tested the pump by supplied screw-on plug. When I plug the tip, the pump gauge goes up to 3000 psi.

- I COCKED the gun. Put the fill probe in. And when I pump the air, i hear and feel the air leaking from where the probe meets the fill hole.

Would anyone know what the issue is?

Don't cock the gun while you are filling it. It could go off and injure you or someone around you or damage the valve. If the pump will build pressure without the probe in it then make sure the o rings on the probe are good, maybe just replace them even if you cant see damage. Use a little silicone grease, and try again. Just know that filling any pcp from 0 with a hand pump is going to take some time and a lot of pumps.

Reactions: BurntDog
Don't cock the gun while you are filling it. It could go off and injure you or someone around you or damage the valve. If the pump will build pressure without the probe in it then make sure the o rings on the probe are good, maybe just replace them even if you cant see damage. Use a little silicone grease, and try again. Just know that filling any pcp from 0 with a hand pump is going to take some time and a lot of pumps.
Huh? I was told to cock the gun when filling so the valve is sealed.. Also, would you know about how many pumps would make the needle to start to move? Trying to watch a crying baby and pump at the same time, HAHA

Reactions: sasquatch
Huh? I was told to cock the gun when filling so the valve is sealed.. Also, would you know about how many pumps would make the needle to start to move? Trying to watch a crying baby and pump at the same time, HAHA
From what I've heard around 100+ pumps to get to 3000psi so, guessing you should see that needle move at around 10 pumps or so on a tank with 1000+psi already in it. You're starting at zero so, 20-30 pumps and you should see some change.