Help - Can Only Get 3600 PSI Fills - OK For Carbon Tank to Fill Vulcan?

I use 3500 PSI steel scuba tanks and get plenty of fills by cascading about 3 tanks. By filling the Vulcan to around 230 bar, or around 3400 psi I get 36 good shots down to around 150bar (2175psi) before I refill the vulcan. You can use the fill calculator on this link of AOA and see how many fills you can get by just using a single CF tank.

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/

Sorry the link does not take you directly to the calculator but go down the left side of the page to "OMEGA AIR" pick on "Cylinders", then over on the right side just above the price of the different tanks is a "fill calculator". Pick on the green text and it will take you to the calculator they supply complements of "Steve_in_NC". You can use this to see which size tank will meet your needs. Hope this helps and if it does feel free to throw some + accuracy my way.

I went ahead and ran some basic numbers for you. I am looking for my data on the volume of the Vulcan air cylinder but can't find it in my notes but based on a thread that AJ3 did back in aug 26 2015 he quotes the vulcan cylinder as 290cc so using that here are some basic numbers:

75cuft CF tank filled to 3600psi
filling a 290cc vulcan to 3500psi then shooting to 2175psi would allow you to fill the gun only 2.3 times.

100cuft CF tank filled to 3600psi
filling a 290cc vulcan to 3500psi then shooting to 2175psi would allow you to fill the gun only 3 times.

Now if you drop the fill pressure of the vulcan down to 220bar or about 3200psi you can fill from the 75cuft about 11.7 times and from the 100cuft about 15.6 times. So knocking down the fill pressre from 3500psi to only 3200 psi will get you a lot more fills from a single CF tank. I only fill my vulcan to about this pressure when I start getting low on air and still get over 20 good shots per fill.

Hope this helps and if it does feel free to throw some + accuracy my way.