Tuning Help. Benjamin Marauder trigger sear quit engaging.

About 200 shots into my new Benjamin marauder rifle. Went to cock it in the middle of a shoot. Pulled the Bolt back all the way and The sear would no longer engage. Has anyone out there experienced this? Any advice or direction in this would be appreciated. Do not want to send this rifle in for repairs. If it is something that could be easily fixed. Thank you for your thoughts.

STOP! (hammertime) JK!

IF you bought it from AMAZON call them and DON'T touch anything till you get your 2nd FREE Brand new REPLACEMENT PCP Marauder in hand and they tell you to just KEEP THE FIRST BROKEN PCP. THIS WAY YOU GET 2 FOR THE PRICE OF ONE DON'T TRUST ME THEN READ THIS!!!

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/benjamin-akela-2/

👍 well worse case scenario is part the sear may have broken off then warranty time but I would checl if the springs in the trigger haven't simply unseated.

Remove the stock then unscrew trigger housing assembly 2 screws remove trigger assembly them remove the 4 Phillips screws carefully lift trigger a housing cover take a pic post it here.

Shawn,

You might also have a weak, damaged, or missing return spring. Take the mechanism out. Push the sear down, and let it go. It should fly up, hit the side with the sear hinge, and maybe flop around a couple of times. If it does not do this action with authority, that's probably your problem. Also, if the hammer spring is turned as far in as it can be, or close to it, sometimes the compression of the spring bottoms out, and doesn't allow the hammer to move rearward enough to engage with the sear. I'm willing to bet it's one of these problems. You might want to check engagement of the moving parts, possibly preventing you from cocking and firing the gun.

Keep us posted, hope this helps 

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech 

Fieldtargettech.com 

It does sound like something is wrong in the trigger assy. FWIW; most of the parts are available from crosman. You don't have to buy the complete assembly, but it would make for an easier repair.

An additional thing to try, even though I do not think it is it, loosen all three screws to the trigger assy. Push the trigger assy toward muzzle, and retighten the screws while holding it in that position. I have seen where that small of mechanical play adjustment can fix a non-latching hammer. But, doesn't match your rapidly degrading results.

Tried the trigger screw adjustments suggested. Going to send this one back for refund through Amazon instead of opening it up. Just not super confident their yet. Will try to pick something up thru New Years sales. Any ideas on a sweet shooter in 450.00 range or do you recommend another marauder......it was a accurate sweet shooter. Is the cayden a better purchase for the money? Please feel free to advise. I still have my .177 Avenger tuned down to 1400psi reg setting. Shooting very accurate out to 50 yards. So not in big hurry. 

Tried the trigger screw adjustments suggested. Going to send this one back for refund through Amazon instead of opening it up. Just not super confident their yet. Will try to pick something up thru New Years sales. Any ideas on a sweet shooter in 450.00 range or do you recommend another marauder......it was a accurate sweet shooter. Is the cayden a better purchase for the money? Please feel free to advise. I still have my .177 Avenger tuned down to 1400psi reg setting. Shooting very accurate out to 50 yards. So not in big hurry.

They might tell you to keep it so it may be free let us know how that goes them you just buy a trigger sear worst case scenario.

I'd buy the 22 Akela all over again. Have a 22 Kratos inbound too.

Get the REFUND then buy from Crosman direct use AGNATION for 25% off buy call via phone to remind them aboout free shipping apparently ordering click style not honoring the free shipping.