• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Help a Left Handed Friend Find a New Gun

I also shoot left handed, All 3 of mine are right handed and i have no problems'. Know if there was a shell rejection now we have a problem lol . I have AEA 357 Big bore standard, 25, Avenger and 257 Airforce Texan that is my fav but, they are not hand pump rifles. He may want to think about getting a air compressor, sam yung or something like it. All 3 of mine will take out coyotes, The avenger i have has been modified for that reason. I think if he ever shot a Texan he would be hooked! A stock 257 has 170 fpe shooting 72gr slug and is a long range shooter.

View attachment 356645
Yeah those would definitely not be hand pump friendly even though they are lefty friendly... but the power on those is amazing.

I just saw a coyote this past Thursday, but my current 31 fpe set up .22 Avenger probably wouldn't be enough for that unless very close. A .25 would do better. And the single shot gun you have would take it out no issues.

The PCP world isn't expensive for ammo but it sure is for equipment lol All would love a compressor even for a Notos but that's not happening soon unfortunately.

My friend is working with Benjamin to see what they can do. So far they sent him a video on how to load the magazine. Which he says is "almost insulting". No. We can load just fine. The gun is over gassed or something is not set up from the factory correctly and the timing is off. So he is contacting Randy like orangeokie suggested.

Okay guys here's an update if you wanted it.

So my friend contacted Randy at Benjamin and Randy said the Semi Auto Armada malfunctioning like this is a known issue. Apparently the charging handle needs to be pulled back COMPLETELY straight and let go forward COMPLETELY straight otherwise it bends some parts internally and those rub inside and cause too much friction causing the mag spring timing to be off from the cyclic rate.

A secondary issue my friend had with his rifle was the trigger guard was loose like wobbly loose, so the jam/cycling/magazine shredding and the trigger guard issues were listed on the repair order.

My friend sent in the SA Armada to Benjamin they paid for shipping to and return. It was about 2.5 weeks. All good stuff.

Friend just got it back, filled it with air, loaded new magazines, when to shoot AND NOTHING. The trigger pulled, didn't do anything. He's really not happy with this now. Manufacturer repair shop just fixed and sent it back, should be working 100% but can't even fire now. And no the safety isn't stuck the trigger can be pulled it just doesn't do anything.

So he emailed Benjamin again and is hoping for a replacement gun or just a full refund cause that's 3 strikes in his book. (Timing of cycle off messing up magazines, loose trigger guard, and not firing now)

So anyone who has a Semi Auto Armada or SA Marauder should be careful with that charging handle making sure to pull it straight back and not bend it left or right AT ALL per Benjamin's repair center.

Hey guys, I have a friend who is definitely not new to PB guns but is new to airguns and is looking for help.

He got himself into a delimma in that he bought a Benjamin Armada Semi Auto which sounded cool at first since it was supposed to use the SAM action on a Challenger stock.

However, it keeps chewing up the mags...He's tried 4 different OEM with both CPHP and JSB 18.13 and no luck.

So he's within a year of buying from Pyramyd (they actually sent out new mags already) and also in the 5 year Benjamin warranty.

But he's thinking about calling it quits and get something else.

So for the roughly $750 or whatever he may get as a return if Pyramyd takes it back, what do you guys suggest a left handed guy get?

He wanted the Semi because it didn't need cycled "backwards" for him since he shoots lefty. But there aren't many that are reliable semi that also get good power and have good build quality that Pyramyd sells cause I know you guys use stuff like Leshiy and other $$$ semis.

There were a few Hatsans like the Galatian Semi Tact or Vectis but not many reviews. Lever action seemed cool and he could do left handed. I know some Senecas too. Eagle Claw

He also keeps wanting more power, and says .30. Well the only .30 I'd suggest is a Umarex Gauntlet .30 but that's right hand bolt. He may work through it for the accuracy and power though. Obviously a Blitz would fit the bill if on sale but he's hand pumping...

He's more casual user, plinker, but wants power for pests raccoon or maybe a coyote.

So basically I need an idea to give him for either .25 cal or .30 cal PCP. He is hand pumping for now... so that limits those big bottle guns. A .25 Marauder would work but it is kinda out classed for the price by all competitors being it is unregulated and you only get like 16 shots.

But I'm wondering if he gets the Gauntlet .30 for power and the MCX PCP for his semi auto fix?

Or maybe a Hatsan .30 Break Barrel that would be left friendly but only 30 fpe...

Sorry for the long post this is a particular situation.

Thank you in advance!

Screaming good deal.

Have your friend call Randy again and discuss his current problem. If he will have a little more patience Randy will take care of him. Telephone calls to Randy trump emails.
He called Randy the 1st time before he mailed out the gun and then this 2nd time he took and emailed a video showing loaded, aired up, trigger pull and nothing. Friend was very appreciative of Randy being honest and open with him about it being a known issue. I don't think anyone has an issue with Randy he was great we are just frustrated the gun came back non functional.

I'll tell him if he doesn't get anywhere soon with the email to call again.

That looks like a beautiful rifle! Not sure my friend would spend over a thousand $ more than his current set up though. I hope another lefty gets and enjoys it!

Another and final update. Thanks to all you but especially @orangeokie , my friend is back in business!

So he was trying to get the gun to work, not sure if he touched the trigger with the CH back or what but says it popped into place then the trigger worked. He went to load a mag in and he pulled the CH back and when he released it, it fired!! Then thinking it was a fluke he pulled the trigger and it expelled the air out of the gun....

After that he called Randy per orange's instructions and explained it all. End of story is my friend is now going to be running a Benjamin Kratos in .25 per Randy's suggestion, which has a side lever so he's hoping to not have to move his head off the gun to cock left handed compared to a bolt gun which most likely would have had that inconvenience.

Apparently those can go up to ~46 FPE in .25 so that thing will be thumping compared to the SA Armada he had.

Only thing is it is not hand pump friendly being 480cc bottle, so he bought a AV RovAir 4500 compressor.

Just wanted to pass along the big thanks from my left handed friend to everyone who helped work through this!

He's excited to get his Kratos in the mail soon!