• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Umarex Help .50 ammo or .510

Hello. I'm new to the big bore air gun world and would like to get a hammer to hunt white tail but i have a question. Does .50 ammo work in the new .510 guns. I have looked on the web and all i have found is post about making your own. Umarex has the hammer listed as a .50 but the ammo as .510. it is kind of confusing can i run .50 pellets through the gun or do i have to order the less abundant .510 ammo. any info would be appreciated.

Reactions: AtmoTac
Hello. I'm new to the big bore air gun world and would like to get a hammer to hunt white tail but i have a question. Does .50 ammo work in the new .510 guns. I have looked on the web and all i have found is post about making your own. Umarex has the hammer listed as a .50 but the ammo as .510. it is kind of confusing can i run .50 pellets through the gun or do i have to order the less abundant .510 ammo. any info would be appreciated.
Gotta use .510. The umarex hammer likes slugs that are sized .511 - .513. .50 would fall right out of the barrel, and anything smaller than .511 will fall through the magazine. The umarex brand .510 slugs measure .512 average on my micrometer. Air guns that use .50 cal need slugs that are sized .495 - .498

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Perhaps it would be best to measure the diameter of the barrel. But it still sounds strange that the differences would be so big. .510 to .513 🤔
In general, barrels from the same manufacturer can have small differences, but I've never heard of such big ones before...
And what's wrong those magazines? Barrel should be .510 and that diameter will fall through magazine?