Hello to all

So much reading already. And yet so much more to go. It's almost too much info. I now know more about PCP rifles than I ever thought I would've before today.
I'm a powder guy. And have plenty of knowledge in that area.
So even though both types push a projectile from an escaping pressure, it's a new world to me.
FYI when looking into getting a carbon fiber tank for top offs in the field you have options but please know what to look for on used/or new tanks (The manufactured Date and when it was last hydro tested and overall condition, never buy if it has frayed fibers). The tank I was lucky to find on eBay 2006 MSA Firefighter SCBA Cylinder H-30 Compressed Air Tank 4500 PSI with a recent (by recent I mean 2019) Hydro test good until 2024 for around $75.00 from his email offer (verse paying $300+ for a new CF Tank which should be rated for a 15 year life span).

Reactions: pierceg
Scope/rings unknown at this time. If I have to buy it afterwards, so be it. Depends on deal. New or used. I'm not opposed to used.
Welcome to the club! If you're considering a PCP your $1,800 budget should definitely include funding for a scope, rings, and mount. Virtually ALL PCP's do not come with factory iron sights.

Reactions: pierceg
Welcome to the club! If you're considering a PCP your $1,800 budget should definitely include funding for a scope, rings, and mount. Virtually ALL PCP's do not come with factory iron sights.
In my search, I seen that the scope/rings cost are not cheap. Sure you can go on the cheap, but quality costs. Especially in the inflation driven market we are in.

New member.
I'm from NW Montana.
I have no suggestions for what you should get, but just wanted to welcome you to AGN!

Good luck and take your time. Don't get in a hurry to buy. Learn all you can before you commit. I wish I had followed this advice when I got started in PCPs. (smile)

Also, IMHO, be careful and wary of buying used airguns (guns in general) online... not to mention that even on AGN, there are plenty of scammers.

Life (a used airgun) is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. (grin)

That is all I have to say about that. (smile)

Yes, the Forrest Gump references were intentional. (chuckle)

Last edited: