• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hello guys, This is Pete the pellet trap builder.

Boy, those are sweet. And made right here in TX, always a plus. Working on design for a portable backstop and I think I just found my pellet traps. What are the dimensions? If they’re posted anywhere I missed it.
Good morning @cjtamu

Looking face on outside to outside it is 11-3/4" wide x 13-5/8" high.

ThomasT

The trap worked well. I put a magazine (the print kind) on the bottom interior to make removing spent pellets easy. Those pellets got deformed into shapes I’d not seen them turn before! I guess hitting the steel plate at that angle did it.

The sound level of the impacts was fairly low, a bit less than that of hitting a steel can.

It was worth the cost, to me.

What caliber can they handle. I mean I know it will vary with the yardage. And what is the size and weight?
Hello @Grassguy12200

If you will give me the following I can tell you if it will be OK.
1) Weight of pellet
2) FPS that the rifle produces
3) Distance to the target

Thank you,
ThomasT

Hello, it .35 cal and lower. 25 to 75 yards. Around 950 to 870 fps. 😊

Hello again @Grassguy12200

The caliber does not count, it is the FPE ( foot pounds of energy ) that is important.
At 10-meters no more than 30fpe, ( foot pounds of energy )
At 25-yards no more than 55fpe, ( foot pounds of energy )
At 50-yards no more than 70fpe, ( foot pounds of energy )

You have to have the weight of the pellet to calculate FPE
ThomasT

Those look nice and they will be easy to re-cycle the lead.
I like duct seal.
I made this one from one 1x4x8 piece of wood.
8 pieces 12” long and aluminum to protect the wood..

IMG_1987.jpeg

IMG_1988.jpeg

IMG_1989.jpeg

Hello everyone,

This unbareable heat, now over 35 days with temps of 100 degrees and higher, has kept me from doing much 10-meter and 25-yard paper target shooting. However we did have two mornings with 70 degree at daylight so I set up my two Big Bang Pellet Traps and shot the heck out of a lot of paper :D . Almost had forgotten how to aim at a target :unsure::oops:, I'm so glad that I did remember which end of the rifle to point toward the targets :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

This unbareable heat, now over 35 days with temps of 100 degrees and higher, has kept me from doing much 10-meter and 25-yard paper target shooting. However we did have two mornings with 70 degree at daylight so I set up my two Big Bang Pellet Traps and shot the heck out of a lot of paper :D . Almost had forgotten how to aim at a target :unsure::oops:, I'm so glad that I did remember which end of the rifle to point toward the targets :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ThomasT
Be Careful in the heat Thomas T

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Thomas I have a RV space with your name on it. :)
Hello again @Str8tshooter ,

That is very kind of you, just wish I had an RV that I could take advantage of your offer. The scenery is beautiful. Give us some specs on the range, yards, etc. Are there any Perch in that creek? I'll bring my fly rod :D .

ThomasT