Hello from the Ozark Mountains.

Ghost.
That would be amazing. You are more than welcome to come up here and shoot, or I am certainly willing to travel there. Save the trouble of packing all your toys to travel. We should set up a "play day" soon. I have a pretty open schedule. Send me a pm or something and we can work out the details.
doc
Hello Doc,
if you don’t mind send me your contact info phone, etc. we are going to try to put together a group for some plinking fun. i also could come up your way and shoot with you and let you try these rifles . Thanks.

If I was starting from scratch knowing what I know now.... and had 100 yard range in my yard (which I do)... I would buy an Umarex Guantlet 30 caliber. Yup, 30. You can turn down the hammer spring and get a lot of shots with the lighter pellets if you want, shooting them in the 800 fps range. But it also shoots pellets with great accuracy at over 1000 fps. Or you can shoot some heavier slugs and still be shooting 900 fps (this is max power). I think I've gotten about 118 fpe max and around 75 fpe on the low end depending on ammo and hammer spring adjustment.

The only downside is 30 ammo is more expensive per shot vs 25 and you will give your compressor a bit more of a workout to keep it filled if you're shooting max power. But the G2 30 sidelever is going to be available soon as well. The gun is a real sleeper for under $500, and best of all you won't regret not getting something that can really kick it to 100 yards and slap those gongs.

So I would get that and maybe a Xisico/GX CS3 compressor, which should last you hopefully a couple years before some maintenance is needed. You're at $1000 there and all you need is a scope. Ayin "Reaper" 6-24x FFP is a nice option for about $170.

Then you'll want a barrel band and some accessories for the gun, but that's pennies on the dollar.

Edit: oops, you're gonna want a moderator on a 30 cal. + $120 or so

I also fully endorse jmohme's suggestion of an Umarex Origin 25 plus using a hand pump. Although I must admit my Guantlet 2 25 doesn't get a lot of use since I picked up the Guantlet 2 in .30
Yeah, great suggestion. Plus the one thing cool about bolt guns is when you get that attack of critters coming at ya, you can live out this scene-

8A731A5B-1502-4963-A799-0F6F812A3B60.jpeg