• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hello - First Post On Airgun Nation Forums

I’ve personally have used Hawke and UTG scopes but I like the Hawkes better. however Odoyle has already listed some budget scopes for you earlier on 👆he’s kind of the scope guru guy 

I bought the Maximus on sale from Midway USA a couple of weeks ago also. Couldn’t resist at that price. I haven’t had time to do anything with it yet. When I do get around to it I will set it up with a Hawke Vantage 3-9x40 AO scope. I have this scope on other guns and it’s adequate for what I’m doing and I typically stick with what has worked for me. I will replace the trigger with the Challenger trigger group and install a TKO. The Challenger trigger is a must for me as the OEM triggers on the Maximus is less then great. The TKO https://ssl.tko22.com/ is a must for close quarters suburban backyard shooting otherwise the report is pretty snappy and will draw unwanted attention. I like my air guns quiet so even if I wasn’t in a suburban neighborhood I would still use a TKO. Once you start shooting quiet airguns you tend to want them all to be quiet. 

Thank you MileHighAirGunner,

I will be investigating the trigger you mentioned, as I too, want a quite discharge.

I am not particularly seeking a "budget" priced scope. I am fine if the scope is more expensive than the rifle.

I want it to have very good light gathering ability during dusk and dawn when sunlight is less intense, 

and the targeted rabbits are more often out in the garden.