• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hello and Steyr?

Hello just joined, but have been a lurker for a while.
I’m interested in getting a steyr air pistol, and I’m not sure about something.
It seems to me that the lp50 is sold in different velocity models. I wondered if the HP can be throttled back if one wants to stretch out the tank to get more shots?
Can the single shot evo10 be adjusted up to get a little more velocity to shoot 25 yards and beyond.
I don’t want a pistol for only 10 meter competition.
Any and all advice welcomed.
Thanks
Fred

Hello just joined, but have been a lurker for a while.
I’m interested in getting a steyr air pistol, and I’m not sure about something.
It seems to me that the lp50 is sold in different velocity models. I wondered if the HP can be throttled back if one wants to stretch out the tank to get more shots?
Can the single shot evo10 be adjusted up to get a little more velocity to shoot 25 yards and beyond.
I don’t want a pistol for only 10 meter competition.
Any and all advice welcomed.
Thanks
Fred
I have the Steyr LP 50 RF (rapid fire) compact. It is the medium power just below the HP version and above the lower power version. I mostly shoot 10-12 yds, but have shot it out to 25 yds and been very happy with it.
As far as adjusting down the HP version call Pilkguns and they will tell you.
They answer the phone everytime and they are great people.

Last edited:
Yeah, I also have an LP50 Sport, Compact.
I shoot short distances, (about 35 to 40ft). These guns aren't much but...target guns. I've not tried to alter the power in my gun.

Looking at the schematic, there's a possibility that the large screw (#68) under the grip "MAY"... adjust the pressure.
Measure the as-is fps.
Without, the gun being cocked, try moving this screw, lightly. If it turns, measure the the new/current fps, see if it changes.

Personally, I would mess with it on these guns. Just shoot them as is.

Mike

P.S. - You may get more comments over in the "pistol" section.