Hello and help! (please)

Howdy, everyone!

My FIL recently bought a Gamo Varmint and that started me itching for my own springer rifle. After a few days lurking to get a crash course, I decided I’d love to have either a Weirauch HW30s or Beeman R7. As you learned lot already know, they’re out of stock everywhere. Could anyone point me in the right direction to buy one? I don’t mind clicking a PA or AOA pre-order button if that’s my only option, but I’d rather be shooting than waiting. Any help (or suggestions for suitable alternatives) would be appreciated. My needs are 1) small enough for my 8yo daughter to use with me, 2) real wood and metal, 3) springer preferred, 4) good enough for plinking in the back yard, and 5) under $400.

This is a fantastic resource. I was able to soak in a lot of info and zero in on a choice pretty quickly, thanks to all of you.

Dean

509C737A-BE95-4C6B-A244-B82C84076E69.1616772711.jpeg

The gun arrived yesterday. The scope (Hawke AirMax 2-7x32), rings, and pellets are still on the way. I have to say the HW30S seems extremely well built. I won’t cock and fire it until I have ammo.