• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
I'm new here, I have been away from my AG addiction for a few years for various reasons. My tank expire several years ago, covid , work and Upgrading my fishing boat. Now I'm semi retired and dusting my BSA Lonestar .25 off. I'm looking to purchase a tank, thought about a compressor ( Not yet). Yesterday i visited a paintball camp very close to me and found out they fill numerous folks air rifles and tanks in my area. Greenwood indiana. Best part is they are extremely friendly and will fill for free!
Ready to rock :) I have narrowed my search to acecare and a air venturi. I'm aware of The DOT issue and know aceare sells a DOT version. I noticed several folks here have purchased that version. So, please let me know how they are doing and any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks ,
Gary Thompson

Reactions: SplitSecond
I buy mine off ebay for $60. They are retired fire fighters air supply tanks but they work just fine for me.

20230104_171443.jpg

20230104_171516.jpg

20230212_170849.jpg

20230226_190216.jpg

Hello Gary,
I don't have experience with either of those tanks but I saw that you are new here and wanted to say hello and welcome to our great forum. I will be shopping for a new tank later this year as my carbon fiber tank is nearing the end of its legal life. I can't believe its been 15 years already. My tank expires in October and I will probably go back to Joe Brancato at Airtanksforsale.com and get another one.
Kenny

Hello Gary,
I don't have experience with either of those tanks but I saw that you are new here and wanted to say hello and welcome to our great forum. I will be shopping for a new tank later this year as my carbon fiber tank is nearing the end of its legal life. I can't believe its been 15 years already. My tank expires in October and I will probably go back to Joe Brancato at Airtanksforsale.com and get another one.
Kenny
Hey Kenny,
When I first got started in 2011 I purchased a hose assembly from Joe and still have it, quality stuff. He was great to talk to with and offered lots of good advice. I got lucky back then and purchased a used scba from a fireman's supply company . I think it had 4 years left on it.
My situation is I used awards points from my company and got 300.00 Amazon cards and another 150.00 for getting an Amazon credit card. I was going to use those funds for a compressor. Then I found the paintball guys and decided to go the tank only route. Amazon has the acecare and a air venturi. What to do. 😆

I also have a paintball store near me that offers tank fills. I’ve been using them for the nearly 15 years I’ve been into pcp rifles. They’ve built up a great reputation in the local airgun market and now half their store is dedicated to air rifles and accessories.
I’ve looked at compressors too, but until I convince myself to spend $3000 on a good quality unit I think I’ll stick with a tank and fills from the paintball store. The low cost compressors all seem to fail way to quickly.
Kenny

Reactions: LONESTAR .25