I was wondering if anyone is using a Helix 2-16x50 sfp. I would love to know what you think about it. I have a couple of ffp scopes and other than using them to punch paper, I find them useless. At lower magnification in the woods the crosshairs are too fine for me and I don’t live in an area where i shoot past 100 yards. I ran across this new Helix and I’m interested.

My only complaint about my Helix was the very tight eye box.

Tight eye box can be considered a feature!!! Before helix I had a few other scopes and I found they are prone to parallax errors especially at closer ranges/under 100 yards. Tight eye box forces user to have better eye alignment and less parallax errors or more accurate on your first shot.

Tight eye box can be considered a feature!!! Before helix I had a few other scopes and I found they are prone to parallax errors especially at closer ranges/under 100 yards. Tight eye box forces user to have better eye alignment and less parallax errors or more accurate on your first shot.
I agree. But for me my Athlon is a bit more forgiving while still providing proper eye alignment.

I was wondering if anyone is using a Helix 2-16x50 sfp. I would love to know what you think about it. I have a couple of ffp scopes and other than using them to punch paper, I find them useless. At lower magnification in the woods the crosshairs are too fine for me and I don’t live in an area where i shoot past 100 yards. I ran across this new Helix and I’m interested.
When I first switched to FFP I had the sMe issue at lower magnification. I was able to remedy this by using the Illuminated reticle. Even though it was brand daylight.

Reactions: HogKiller
I agree. But for me my Athlon is a bit more forgiving while still providing proper eye alignment.

Eye alignment is the result of you and the stock’s ergonomics. If you have an adjustable cheek piece/rest then you don’t “need” the tight eye box or you can achieve better eye alignment. Regardless eye alignment is not a scope feature.

Last edited:
If you need any Turrets or Parallax lever for the Helix I make.

IMG_1915.JPG

Reactions: Billinoregon
I am also curious about the new Helix. Were the eye box comments about this model, or the Helix in general? I own the 4-16x44 (used to have the SFP 6-24x50) and have since gotten accommodated to its eye box. It’s sort of ‘normal’ now.

Does anyone on this thread own the 2-16? Dens228, were you referring to the 2-16, or to another model?

Things also moved to the FFP model, but the OP asked about the SFP model, which, by the way, has the BDC reticle—something I am not particularly interested in, but who knows.

How’s the glass on the 2-16? That would help me, and maybe the OP too. And what about the FOV?

In order to accommodate the 8x magnification range, the 2-16 uses ED glass. Dubber says you will know the difference right away, if I recall. Is this so?
Thanks. S7

Edit: I had mentioned that the 2-16 had the BDC reticle. As you probably know, the other model has the APR in either MOA or MIL, also in SFP. I mistakenly thought this model was FFP but it’s SFP too. I would take this one if I purchased this scope, likely in MIL.

Last edited:
Reactions: qball
Had the Helix 6x24-50, now own the 2x16-50 hdlr, love the reticle. Glass is clearer, its over an inch shorter and has IR. I shoot 50 mt and sometimes 100 mt and Hft. Don't like the Ffp scopes. Eyebox is also more forgiving, don't know why? Maybe I took more time to set it up.
It's nice to hear this about the 2-16. I had the 6-24x50, I have the 4-16x44, and am thinking about possibly replacing it with the 2-16x50. This new guy seems to offer a fair amount more for a modest increase in money. Thanks. S7