Helix scope

I have a EO Helix waiting for the Crown Continuum I just ordered today, so maybe a month from now it will show up. I ordered my scope from the HuntingEdge.co.uk, but it took about 3 months to get it. And from what I have seen if you really want to get a Helix you are going to have to pre-order and do the hardest thing in the world for an air gunner or a kid waiting for Santa to arrive, the waiting game. :(

1594216248_12508649605f05cf384ff522.09646296.jpeg

I have a EO Helix waiting for the Crown Continuum I just ordered today, so maybe a month from now it will show up. I ordered my scope from the HuntingEdge.co.uk, but it took about 3 months to get it. And from what I have seen if you really want to get a Helix you are going to have to pre-order and do the hardest thing in the world for an air gunner or a kid waiting for Santa to arrive, the waiting game. :(

1594216248_12508649605f05cf384ff522.09646296.jpeg

the wait has been killing me so I got desperate and giving one of Yo’s recommendations a try while waiting. I’ve already bought and returned one other scope. 

Mercado, here is the email for the shop...Henry is the guy who I emailed: [email protected] Tell him Peter from the Netherlands sent you. Also, you can call the shop too, but warning they LOVE to chat and are super nice. I called to ask a simple question and I ended up with a 30 minute phone talking about shooting and hunting with air rifles. 

Yes Yo in right.I sugest Tac Vector.

I've been looking for a good scope for a long time. I'd like it to be 5×30. I've searched almost all the pages and reviewed hundreds of reviews. I don't know what exactly interests you, but I've seen that the Vector Taurus 5x30x56 is the best. cheaper to buy $ 370 to $ 400.
That range gives the absolute most. Shoot glass with German technology is an excellent grid with a lighted floating point at a great price. That's not what I say, but dozens of users I've talked to personally. I hope something helps you.
regards

Thanks, I actually just ordered 3-12 vector scope for the backyard/close range gun. Spec on it seems awesome, compact, light, good glass, locking turret and even a thumbs up from cyclops. 

I ordered an aim sport alpha 6 per recommendation by yo so will see how it goes, only gripe with that one is SFP vs FFP, I much prefer FFP.

Well that 3-12x TAC Veyron just saved you TRIPLE the money and got yourself a sibling of the US OPTICS TS12. Go buy the TS12 and tell us what you think comparing it side by side with that TAC Vector you just bought. You will of only say the 1/3 p r I've Veyron is the better one. Compare the $229.99 Alpha6 with ANY BRAND CHINESE SCOPE costing up to $1200.00 and let us know what you think. THE BUSHNELL FORGE IS A VERY GOOD MATCH FOR EXAMPLE. You can also buy the cheaper 2.5-15x50 Alpha6 and compare it to the $749.00 BUSHNELL FORGE AS WELL. Don't forget to punch in the 10% coupon.

1594285989_13550756475f06dfa5d98bb3.96726500.png

I have a Tac Vector and I like it but it is not the same as a Helix. The Helix is designed with the reticle being calibrated at max power of 24x, which makes it extremely easy to do the mental math for 12x, and 6x. I think that, and the fact that the internals on the turrets are stainless steel and won't wear out, if you are a clicker, make this scope kind of unique and worth the asking price. If you are not going to click and you want a FFP instead of an SFP, then consider something else and save some money.

I actually choose SFP over FFP for hunting. When target shooting I can always go to 10x of whichever correct zoom and count. The reason SFP for me at least is better when hunting is I need the reticle to be clear at minimum zoom. When rabbit hunting I keep it at low zoom because the shots can be as close as 10 yards, I missed multiple rabbits at 10 yards because I can’t really see the reticle. When they are far out I have more time to zoom and adjust parallax but when it’s close it near impossible to see the reticle for the quick shots which I don’t care if the image is a little blurry but I need to see the reticle and adjust for hold over. 

qball I actually choose SFP over FFP for hunting. When target shooting I can always go to 10x of whichever correct zoom and count. The reason SFP for me at least is better when hunting is I need the reticle to be clear at minimum zoom. When rabbit hunting I keep it at low zoom because the shots can be as close as 10 yards, I missed multiple rabbits at 10 yards because I can’t really see the reticle. When they are far out I have more time to zoom and adjust parallax but when it’s close it near impossible to see the reticle for the quick shots which I don’t care if the image is a little blurry but I need to see the reticle and adjust for hold over.

Understood. A lot of people are finding that SFP ain't so bad and is actually kind of needed if you are shooting under 25 yards and on low power. The thing different with the Helix is that the reticle is calibrated at max power(24x), not at 10x like most other variable power scopes. One mil space becomes two at 12x and four at 6x; pretty easy to remember and no reverse math when you go to max power. Brilliant really, I don't know why more don't do this. Whether or not this makes this scope worth it, is for you to decide, I am seriously considering it.

Understood. A lot of people are finding that SFP ain't so bad and is actually kind of needed if you are shooting under 25 yards and on low power. The thing different with the Helix is that the reticle is calibrated at max power(24x), not at 10x like most other variable power scopes. One mil space becomes two at 12x and four at 6x; pretty easy to remember and no reverse math when you go to max power. Brilliant really, I don't know why more don't do this. Whether or not this makes this scope worth it, is for you to decide, I am seriously considering it.

yup, all the features on the element scopes are really awesome and really caught my eyes even if it is not as clear and gets thrown in trash by YO! 

I love the turret design, stainless internal, everything in mil or MOA, love the reticle.......except it’s not here yet!!!!!!!! The alpha 6 from Yo’s suggestion will be here tomorrow so if it doesn’t work out I’ll order the Helix.....for the fifth time(twice from airgun Utah, twice from EU sites)! and hopefully they will actually ship me one eventually. 

good old Chinese saying, water far away won’t quench my thirst here and now! Hahahahaha 

Congrats on getting the AIM scope. I have had Helix scope for a month, and week I ordered my Crown Continuum in .22 cal, but because of the summer holiday period in Sweden, I have to wait a month for the rifle. So the Helix has to wait for its home to arrive. I could put the Helix on my Brocock Compatto, but I don’t see the point, one the Compatto already has a suitable scope for it, an FX 4X16, and I think the Helix is too much scope for the Compatto anyways.

So I got the AIM alpha 6 today and very happy with it. Minor annoyances but over al very clear scope with just about everything being very nice. I might order a helix for giggles later but for now I’m quite happy with the AIm scope. Thanks Yo!

Go buy the TAC Vector 6-24x50 same time you buy your Element see which one you return the $160 TAC Vector or the $400 Element!!! Even Donnie Reed at Baker AIRGUNS said on VIDEO the 6-24x TAC Vector was awesome.