Helix for Beeman R1

Hi everyone,
I'm new to Airgun Nation and really like the site a lot. I'd like to replace my scope on my Beeman R1. Springers are tough on most scopes. Has anyone tried any of the Element Helix ( Element Helix 2-16x50 HDLR / HELIX 6-24×50 SFP ) or the Bushnell Engage ( Engage 6-24X50 )? Both my seem a little over kill but I've had my R1 since 1980 and I think it needs a nice modern scope. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Jake.

I have tried multiple Elements on springers. The good news is that they have a good warranty and have replaced a few for me that were on springers. The bad news - they are a great pcp scope but don't seem to be able to take the abuse springers hand out, even on my very mild shooting tuned springers. For me, it is a Hawke Airmax or Vortex Diamondback to put on top of my springers. They seem to be virtually bulletproof, and again have great warranties.

Don't get me wrong, I own several Element scopes that I have on pcps. Like everything about them.

Reactions: fishing43
I have tried multiple Elements on springers. The good news is that they have a good warranty and have replaced a few for me that were on springers. The bad news - they are a great pcp scope but don't seem to be able to take the abuse springers hand out, even on my very mild shooting tuned springers. For me, it is a Hawke Airmax or Vortex Diamondback to put on top of my springers. They seem to be virtually bulletproof, and again have great warranties.

Don't get me wrong, I own several Element scopes that I have on pcps. Like everything about them.
Thank you

I have 4 Bushnell Engage 6+24 +50. FFP, ER, 10 yard parallax Christmas tree reticle, Best glass of any scope I have and I have 70 scopes. I have 2 Element scopes and the glass in the Bushnell is much better. Bushnell says there scopes are rated for any gun you want too put them on ,life time guaranty. I love these scopes and use them for long range Pdog hunting. I had one on my ASP20 for a year and had no problems. Both scopes you mention are better on a PCP then a R1. After many years of shooting spring guns and trying just about every scope from A to Z I will only use the Hawk Air Max scopes on my springers, I have one On my R1and after many shots no problems .

z

Reactions: Mycapt65 and Frogy
I have 4 Bushnell Engage 6+24 +50. FFP, ER, 10 yard parallax Christmas tree reticle, Best glass of any scope I have and I have 70 scopes. I have 2 Element scopes and the glass in the Bushnell is much better. Bushnell says there scopes are rated for any gun you want too put them on ,life time guaranty. I love these scopes and use them for long range Pdog hunting. I had one on my ASP20 for a year and had no problems. Both scopes you mention are better on a PCP then a R1. After many years of shooting spring guns and trying just about every scope from A to Z I will only use the Hawk Air Max scopes on my springers, I have one On my R1and after many shots no problems .

z
Thank you.

z
How do you like the optics in the Hawk Air Max vs the Bushnell engage. I've read many good things about the Bushnell glass. Thanks in advance.

Jake.

The glass in the Bushnell is much better. In fact the glass is as good as scopes costing twice as much. I think the 6+24+50 Engage is the best long range air gun scope you can get for $550.00 or under. Midway had them on sale for that price. They are a big and a little heavy but I do all of my shooting of a bench so size makes no different to me. The Hawk scopes are great for the price and the glass is not to bad and there warranty and customer service is second to none But I don't have a single Hawk scope on any of my long range guns. But I do have a lot of Air Max scopes on my spring guns and they are perfect for that. I hope this helps. Potpie

The glass in the Bushnell is much better. In fact the glass is as good as scopes costing twice as much. I think the 6+24+50 Engage is the best long range air gun scope you can get for $550.00 or under. Midway had them on sale for that price. They are a big and a little heavy but I do all of my shooting of a bench so size makes no different to me. The Hawk scopes are great for the price and the glass is not to bad and there warranty and customer service is second to none But I don't have a single Hawk scope on any of my long range guns. But I do have a lot of Air Max scopes on my spring guns and they are perfect for that. I hope this helps. Potpie
It does. Thank you for all of your help

@Chewee597 - Have you heard of the Optisan CP 3-12x32 scope? Designed for HFT and made for springers. Great scopes and the rifle fits in a soft case with the low profile turrets. Very good glass.

@Chewee597 - Have you heard of the Optisan CP 3-12x32 scope? Designed for HFT and made for springers. Great scopes and the rifle fits in a soft case with the low profile turrets. Very good glass.

I haven’t. Thank you for your reply